Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Increase clarity with small FOV sacrafice

I'm using the Varjo, but I don't see why this wouldn't work on other headsets. Basically you reduce the FOV using OpenXR Toolkit, putting your resolution into a smaller area. I reduced mine just a bit (to about 93%). No noticeable reduction in FOV, but a huge increase in clarity. Zero performance change since you're still outputting the same resolution, just into a smaller area.

• Like 2

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

This was a game changer setting for me for my tired old eyes, thank you for posting - Set mine to around 85 - 86% 🙂

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Thank you for the suggestion.

Unfortunately Quest2 owner here and although it made the instruments larger and easier to read the distance scenery went very strange to the point of making me feel sick.  Worth a try though

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Tried it with a 3080 and an Index. It is a worth it imho. There are wobbly dark edges because of the decrease in FOV, but it is barely noticeable and I think I'll get used to it fast. The increased clarity is very nice though.