Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Pilot2ATC For IFR Ops

I'd like to make Pilot2ATC an integral part of all my IFR flights in MSFS.

I have an idea of what I would like to do do, but feel free to share your experience.

These are the features that I'm most excited about:

*Most of the time, I'll want the co-pilot to handle all ATC related duties.

*I'd also like to practice IFR flights where I'm the Pilot communicating directly with ATC. (I never bothered with this because as an experienced CFI, it's one of my fortes.)

*I'm tired of the AZURE voices and want more variety. How many P2A voices will I hear on an hour flight? Non robotic please. I love that P2A integrates with ATC Chatter.

*I use Simbrief to create FPs to dispatch. I hope that I can just load the FP into P2A. (Saves time.)

*I'd like to use it as a moving map with integrated navigraph charts. (Saves having to use the Navigrap Ap.)

*I will continue to use my tablet to look at the charts, from departure airport diagram to arrival airport diagram. (This has nothing to do with P2A, but I'll just throw it out there.)

*The PDF viewer feature. How is this used in your flights?

Am I missing anything?

Please share any ideas. I'll start slowly. I'm in no hurry! 😀

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I echo you request for Simbrief integration.

Something I'd LOVE would be the ability for Pilot2ATC to stream LiveATC audio files based on the selected radio frequency. There is a program called LAAP (for P3D) that reads your COMM frequency and streams a locally stored LiveATC audio file. You have to download those files beforehand but thats OK. How good would it be to switch your Pilot2ATC frequency and have Pilot2ATC start playing the associated LiveATC frequneyc - much better than canned ATC files.

http://laap.atc.free.fr/contact-en.php

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 hour ago, KL Oo said:

I echo you request for Simbrief integration.

Something I'd LOVE would be the ability for Pilot2ATC to stream LiveATC audio files based on the selected radio frequency. There is a program called LAAP (for P3D) that reads your COMM frequency and streams a locally stored LiveATC audio file. You have to download those files beforehand but thats OK. How good would it be to switch your Pilot2ATC frequency and have Pilot2ATC start playing the associated LiveATC frequneyc - much better than canned ATC files.

http://laap.atc.free.fr/contact-en.php

Unfortunately "third-party use of LiveATC live audio streams is prohibited."

I've used VLC to play downloaded files. It works well, but I'd also prefer a way to play those files via P2A.

Maybe a feature where they can be chosen with a dropdown menu and played with a key command.

Just an idea.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

Unfortunately "third-party use of LiveATC live audio streams is prohibited."

I've used VLC to play downloaded files. It works well, but I'd also prefer a way to play those files via P2A.

Maybe a feature where they can be chosen with a dropdown menu and played with a key command.

Just an idea.

This is already available via Sticks and Rudders FS-ATC-Chatter. It is broken down by Region (Africa / Asia / Canada / Europe / Oceania / South America / United States) and then categorized by controller.

Approach
Clearance
Center
Departure
Departure Ground
Departure Tower
Departure Unicom
Destination Ground
Destination Tower
Destination Unicom

P2A will recognize the frequency you are on and play the appropriate chatter. It isn't live (as in streamed live) but its cut clips that go back and forth. P2A will remember where you left off so you don't always start over. 

Works very well and the clips get updated often.

It comes with its own player but if using P2A you just drop it into the P2A sounds folder.

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/fs-atc-chatter-overview/

Also, when you key in to speak, the chatter stops / won't start and then resumes once you are done or once P2A is done speaking to you so there's never cross chatter.

As for Simbrief, Dave has already added it to the list of future enhancements.

Edited by skypilotYTS
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DJJose said:

*I'm tired of the AZURE voices and want more variety. How many P2A voices will I hear on an hour flight? Non robotic please. I love that P2A integrates with ATC Chatter.

You can add as many as you want, if you have enough voices to cover every controller type you'd encounter during a flight then you'll never hear the same voice twice.

Highly recommend looking at Cereproc voices. They aren't cheap though. I have 13 which cost around $500 CDN.

*I use Simbrief to create FPs to dispatch. I hope that I can just load the FP into P2A. (Saves time.)

Create the flightplan in Simbrief and then use Simbrief downloader to download the plan, hit Import in P2A and select the plan.

• Like 1