Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

NeoFly 4 Beta Version

2 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

For v3 there's a way to hack the db to give yourself whatever money you want... Not sure if that's possible on v4

According to the Discord. you can't edit the database. The developer is saying there will be a sort of import tool for your NF3 career, and from reading between the lines there might be a tool to edit the database.
The final version will have a way to add your own aircraft, and I assume that just as with NF3 you can fly whatever you want if you start a less strict career. I assume it will also be possible to loan the money if you want to skip the 152 and start with the Kodiak straight away.

I do hope some online features will become available, like a live economy and special missions like ferry flights, VIP transports or humanitary aid, based on real world events but that would be quite complex to build.

none of the current career addons are perfect but Neofly is the least imperfect IMO. For those that want to fly large tubeliners however, Neofly isn't the best option.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

6 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

The developer is saying there will be a sort of import tool for your NF3 career, and from reading between the lines there might be a tool to edit the database.

There is.  I just posted this in another thread about NeoFly, but it's still an SQLite database, it's just been renamed to "std.bin".   Seems like he might be trying to obfuscate that for some reason.   I've opened it in DB Browser and added my own starting planes in this version with no problem just as in the last one.

Frankly, this is an aspect of the game that I like, and I hope Neolord doesn't move away from it.  I've not been on their discord recently, but if what's being said here is correct and he's telling folks the DB can't be edited -- rather than, perhaps, it shouldn't be edited, which could be fair -- it seems a bit disingenuous.   I haven't been party to those discussions though, so I gotta withhold judgement there.       

Edited by DeepestRed
  • Like 2

The people's flag is deepest red.

28 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

There is.  I just posted this in another thread about NeoFly, but it's still an SQLite database, it's just been renamed to "std.bin".   Seems like he might be trying to obfuscate that for some reason.   I've opened it in DB Browser and added my own starting planes in this version with no problem just as in the last one.

Thanks. I was already looking for the database (it must be somewhere, right?) but had not yet done a thorough investigation.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

10 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I could use some help... I've got NeoFly 3 and 4.  I want to use the Kodiak 100... not one of the few starter aircraft the app offers.

In v3, I see there's a way to create new aircraft... does anyone know where to get the necessary numbers for the Kodiak to import into this?

Does v4 offer the same option? I see a list of aircraft including the Kodiak on the settings page, and checking that seems to make it available in the marketplace, however, there's no way I'm flying until I have $2M... LOL.  This app needs to allow you to tell it what aircraft you have, I'm not letting some app dictate what aircraft I have. For v3 there's a way to hack the db to give yourself whatever money you want... Not sure if that's possible on v4. 😄

https://github.com/savormix/msfs-neofly-aircraft-data-extractor/releases

Launch the data extractor and let it run in the background.  Enter the MSFS hangar and switch through all the planes you need data for.

The data extractor will generate a list in this form.   However,  for some reason it has issues reading the range on some aircraft.   You'll need to jot down the range while still in the MSFS hangar.

- Current aircraft: - Name: Just Flight PA28 Warrior II Custom

- Type: Prop - Engine(s): 1 (Piston)

- Category: A

- Cruise speed (kt): 111

- Range (NM): 637

- Empty weight (lbs): 1300

- Max fuel (lbs): 288

- Max payload (lbs): 1025

- Max takeoff weight (lbs): 2325

- Pax: 3

Just as conversation point, I went back to the previous version of NeoFly.   I don't particularly like the new interface because I cannot resize it,  and with a 4k monitor it's very hard to read.   The old version allowed me to use the entire screen space.     The new version is also missing several mission types from NF3 at this point in it's development.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

Thanks. I was already looking for the database (it must be somewhere, right?) but had not yet done a thorough investigation.

C:\ProgramData\NeoFly

File name,  "Common".

Screenshot-14.png

2 hours ago, DeepestRed said:

Frankly, this is an aspect of the game that I like, and I hope Neolord doesn't move away from it.  I've not been on their discord recently, but if what's being said here is correct and he's telling folks the DB can't be edited -- rather than, perhaps, it shouldn't be edited, which could be fair -- it seems a bit disingenuous.   I haven't been party to those discussions though, so I gotta withhold judgement there.       

Yeah I hope he doesn’t resort to encrypting the DB. 

Can you give me a tip or two on adding starting aircraft? That would be preferable vs just giving myself massive cash to buy planes.

In v4 does your plane name in the sim, need to match the plane name in Neofly for it to make the connection?

One challenge is that all the Kodiak liveries and interiors have different names. 

11 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

File name,  "Common".

That's for NF3.   For NF4, unless it's changed in the latest update which I haven't installed yet, it's now "std.bin", and (at least on my system) it's in %LOCALAPPDATA%/Programs/NeoFly.

Just now, Virtual-Chris said:

In v4 does your plane name in the sim, need to match the plane name in Neofly for it to make the connection?

v4 adds a "liveries" table which identifies every livery installed for a given plane, and all marketplace and hangar information is now keyed by livery ID.  So you need to add the aircraft to the aircrafts table, then add liveries to the liveries table with the aircraft ID.   You do need to match both the aircraft name and the livery name, IIRC.   If I have some time later today I can try to put together an example for you if you get stuck.

Edited by DeepestRed

12 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

File name,  "Common".

Screenshot-14.png

Yes… this is for v3. In v4 it’s different though. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

That's for NF3.   For NF4, unless it's changed in the latest update which I haven't installed yet, it's now "std.bin", and (at least on my system) it's in %LOCALAPPDATA%/Programs/NeoFly.

v4 adds a "liveries" table which identifies every livery installed for a given plane, and all marketplace and hangar information is now keyed by livery ID.  So you need to add the aircraft to the aircrafts table, then add liveries to the liveries table with the aircraft ID.   You do need to match both the aircraft name and the livery name, IIRC.   If I have some time later today I can try to put together an example for you if you get stuck.

Thanks. I should be able to figure that out. Then what table do you use to associate aircraft to your pilot?

Just now, Virtual-Chris said:

Then what table do you use to associate aircraft to your pilot?

The "hangar" table ties them together via "hangar.liveryId" and "hangar.ownerId".

• Like 1

If you are trying to find your v4 database, open a command prompt and use this:

dir \std.bin /s/b

That should find it for you.  Mine wasn't in the standard place becasue I use addonlinker.