Sign in to follow this  
nosecone

Aircraft want start as it should when using live traffic

Hi all

I have recently found and downloaded live traffic and its a great free addon. I do have a little issue that I can't explain

I have a Helicopter cockpit and  have a starter on my collective. when using live traffic when I start my heli for some reason the N2 needle doesn't

want to move pass the 20% and I have to twist the collective throttle to  almost max to get the engine going. WIth live traffic not active I can push  and hold the collective start and the needle slowly moves pass 20% to 63% and then I twist the throttle to reach 103% as it should   

I know live  traffic is a independent program but I am scratching my head as to why it would cause this issue 

Cheers 

Rhys   

33 minutes ago, nosecone said:

I know live  traffic is a independent program but I am scratching my head as to why it would cause this issue 

Most likely scenario is, that there is an aircraft model that you are using as AI, that is normally flyable, and that has code embedded in the 3D model that will interfere with aircraft systems.

For example Carenado aircraft models are known to cause a very similar behavior when being used as AI. The moment they appear in the sim as AI, they shut down your engine.

But LLTX is also controlling the AI aircraft systems, and it is possible that through some weird error in your sim LLTX can't do that and is applying those operations to the simobject with ID "0" - which is your own aircraft. But that is just a theory, I never had an actual support incident to back it up. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you

I will delete the the ai helicopter that my simulator is based on 

I did have an issue with the pause screen staying on after LLYX connected but found if I run as administrator it that fixed it 

Cheers 

Rhys