Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

"Root element is missing" error when launching fs2crew

Hello,

For some reason FS2crew is giving me this "root element is missing" error when I launch it with the CRJ7 loaded. Oddly enough it works fine with the -900 though. How can I fix this?

Thank you

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

1 hour ago, sho69607 said:

Hello,

For some reason FS2crew is giving me this "root element is missing" error when I launch it with the CRJ7 loaded. Oddly enough it works fine with the -900 though. How can I fix this?

Thank you

Do you see this file:

FS2Crew Maddog for MSFS.xml

Located here:

C:\Users\***your user name***\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew Maddog for MSFS

no just FS2crew RAASPRO and the CRJ thats it.

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

On 7/7/2022 at 1:54 PM, byork said:

Try uninstalling FS2Crew, and re-installing it.

This fixed the problem. Thank you!

~Spencer Hoefer

15 hours ago, sho69607 said:

This fixed the problem. Thank you!

Excellent! 😎

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

Excellent! 😎

Looks like I may have spoken too soon. It did boot up successfully yesterday after a reinstall, but now its back to doing the same thing again with the same error message.

~Spencer Hoefer

1 hour ago, sho69607 said:

Looks like I may have spoken too soon. It did boot up successfully yesterday after a reinstall, but now its back to doing the same thing again with the same error message.

When the error message appears do you see any "Details" button?

Manuel

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

When the error message appears do you see any "Details" button?

Manuel

It is an "Unhandled Exception" error. There is lots of text in the details, but the first line reads this:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\spenc\AppData\Local\A\FS2Crew_CRJ_for_MSFS.exe_Url_jinr5h2deiqtbtbrxvwcihymi0j25wur\1.2.25.0\user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

~Spencer Hoefer

I have the entire message saved in a text document so if needed I can upload it.

~Spencer Hoefer

Okay will do

~Spencer Hoefer

On 7/9/2022 at 3:01 PM, sho69607 said:

It is an "Unhandled Exception" error. There is lots of text in the details, but the first line reads this:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\spenc\AppData\Local\A\FS2Crew_CRJ_for_MSFS.exe_Url_jinr5h2deiqtbtbrxvwcihymi0j25wur\1.2.25.0\user.config) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing

Ok, with this details we can see what file is giving the troubles. To reset this, you must go to this directory:

C:\Users\spenc\AppData\Local\A\

And delete the entire "FS2Crew_CRJ_for_MSFS.exe_Url_jinr5h2deiqtbtbrxvwcihymi0j25wur" folder with all its content, and restart FS2Crew CRJ, and it should automatically recreate it correctly. As per the error message the "user.config" file contained in that folder has been corrupted/badly writting in disk, for reasons we still don't know...this is weird.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

On 7/31/2022 at 1:22 PM, Manuel82 said:

Ok, with this details we can see what file is giving the troubles. To reset this, you must go to this directory:

C:\Users\spenc\AppData\Local\A\

And delete the entire "FS2Crew_CRJ_for_MSFS.exe_Url_jinr5h2deiqtbtbrxvwcihymi0j25wur" folder with all its content, and restart FS2Crew CRJ, and it should automatically recreate it correctly. As per the error message the "user.config" file contained in that folder has been corrupted/badly writting in disk, for reasons we still don't know...this is weird.

Cheers,

Manuel

I have already removed this folder and reinstalled both RAAS and fs2crew for the crj, but the error is still coming up. What is weird is that "A" folder hasn't reappeared even after reinstalling FS2crew.

~Spencer Hoefer