Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 10 Testers No Longer Need To Uninstall WTT G1000Nxi

So, as I understand it, we now need to have both G1000Nxi files (the old and the new one) installed in the content manager. I had uninstalled the old one after installing SU10 Beta according to @MattNischan's instructions, so I'm going to install it again.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 minutes ago, Alvega said:

So, as I understand it, we now need to have both G1000Nxi files (the old and the new one) installed in the content manager. I had uninstalled the old one after installing SU10 Beta according to @MattNischan's instructions, so I'm going to install it again.

Yes, now you can have both. G1000nxi for default planes. WTT G1000nxi (marketplace Addon) for those third party aircraft that designed panels using the WTT G1000

-B

10 minutes ago, btacon said:

Yes, now you can have both. G1000nxi for default planes. WTT G1000nxi (marketplace Addon) for those third party aircraft that designed panels using the WTT G1000

-B

Yes, tested and working. Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

45 minutes ago, btacon said:

According to the folks on the WT discord, the Marketplace add-on is meant to serve as a bridge for third-party planes that have not updated to point to the NXi -- which realistically won't happen for any commercial planes until it's shipped in a full release -- by redirecting the original G1000 to the new NXi.     Basically, by installing it, you cover all the bases:

1) Stock planes use the NXi directly.

2) Third party planes which have been configured to use the NXi directly will do so regardless of the MP package.

3) Third party planes which have not been configured to use the NXi will be redirected to it by the MP package.

Edited by DeepestRed

The people's flag is deepest red.

15 minutes ago, DeepestRed said:

According to the folks on the WT discord, the Marketplace add-on is meant to serve as a bridge for third-party planes that have not updated to point to the NXi -- which realistically won't happen for any commercial planes until it's shipped in a full release -- by redirecting the original G1000 to the new NXi.     Basically, by installing it, you cover all the bases:

1) Stock planes use the NXi directly.

2) Third party planes which have been configured to use the NXi directly will do so regardless of the MP package.

3) Third party planes which have not been configured to use the NXi will be redirected to it by the MP package.

Edited because we agree

-B

Hello, @everyone!  Just a quick update for those of you testing out the SU10 beta:   The beta release notes contained instructions to remove the Marketplace version of the NXi (0.12.2) while using the version in the sim.  This had the unfortunate side-effect of returning third-party planes to the original version of the G1000.   We now have an update of the Marketplace NXi available _only_ to SU10 testers, version 0.14.0.  This will update your sim so that you can now use the NXi with third-party planes as well.  You're encouraged to install this version if you think you could benefit from it.  Folks still on SU9 do not need this, and it will not be visible to them in the Marketplace.

Thanks for bearing with us through the content-shuffle as we made the transition to being part of the base game.   As always, let us know if you see anything amiss!

Edited by btacon

If you look in the #avionics-framework channel there, one of the WT devs said, "The update on the MP is a stripped-down release that just redirects the AS1000 html pages to the WTG1000 ones, so it uses what ships with the sim." and confirmed it would be irrelevant for a third-party plane that was using the NXi directly.  It's only for planes using the original ("AS1000") G1000.

I don't think we fundamentally disagree on the end result, I'm just pointing out commentary from the Working Title folks that if you have a plane that's already using the NXi, either Asobo or third-party, the MP add-on doesn't matter.  Which is kind of the opposite of what you said.  🙂

Either way, folks who care about the NXi are going to want to have the MP update installed.

Edited by DeepestRed

The people's flag is deepest red.

14 hours ago, DeepestRed said:

I'm just pointing out commentary from the Working Title folks that if you have a plane that's already using the NXi, either Asobo or third-party, the MP add-on doesn't matter.

This is technically accurate, but I would also just add that up until this point third parties were not able to use the NXi directly, as it just overwrote the AS1000. So there are no third party planes yet that are pointing to the NXi directly. We expect third parties will move to it in time. So presently for any third party planes due to circumstance, the Marketplace addon is required.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1