Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

This guy needs to write the next gen flight simulator

That is an X-Plane model in the "animation" running IN X-Plane.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Challenger604

WOWIf only ... I wonder why the people at Aces didn't put static aircraft in the sim? Can't be that big a FPS hit..

>>I wonder why the people at Aces >didn't put static aircraft in the sim? >Can't be that big a FPS hit..>They didMany different Statics are in FSX including the A380 and Concorde. You just have to go to the airports they are sitting at.ACES added more then 20 different versions of static models as scenery GUID's including bone yard and planes in various maintenance stages.I also add the FSX default static planes to my KSAV and KMIA airports found here in the library for download.

>Unbelievably smooth animation... Amazing, thanks for>sharingEuhmm, you can make a supersmooth movie while you only have a few FPS ingame. Never compare a movie to actual ingame performance.PS: Does not count for FSX vs X-Plane or vice versa, but for every game/sim.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

Guest Logan826

I'll have to disagree with this statement aswell. I've seen tons of video from games and you can, without a doubt, tell if the player is taking a FPS hit or not. The video takes what it sees, stutters and all, just watch a video from FSX on a slower machine.Dan

Then just tell me how it's possible to deliver a so-called ingame movie if no current PC can match the performance you see in some video's? Lock-On video's were a nice example a few years back.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

>I'll have to disagree with this statement aswell. I've seen>tons of video from games and you can, without a doubt, tell if>the player is taking a FPS hit or not. The video takes what it>sees, stutters and all, just watch a video from FSX on a>slower machine.>DanYes, I find it difficult to understand how a video frame grabber will interpolate object movement/positions between frames, just does not make sense to me...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest s0436

You'd need a rig the size of Kentucky to get that realised.

Guest Logan826

Again, the video takes what it sees. Lock-on was really smooth on a fast machine and that's what the video was taken with. Do a search on youtube for FSX videos and you will see who has the fast machine and who doesn't. Your claim is any game, so do a search for any game and watch a few different videos from different people and you can see stutters, pauses, slow fps. This has nothing to do with the mystery of "the human eye can only see 30 fps" This is just Take what I see. Nor does this have anything to do with live video, this isn't live, the video is , and here's the key word, "capturing" what it sees.Dan

Welcome to X-Plane and, yes, that simulator is already available for (now) $49 including global photoscenery (60GB) at x-plane.com.As to the video: Just hook up your camcorder or any recording device to S-Video out on a capable graphic board and you'll have no fps impact whatsoever.Pat

Guest tmilton

>That is an X-Plane model in the "animation" running IN>X-Plane.Incredible. That aircraft/car combo model is something I would love have in FSX as well! I'm not that familiar with X-Plane, and had no idea this sim looked like this. It's amazing. It must have been a higher-end computer to deliver such fluidly smooth frame rates.At the end part of that video, the aircraft/ car is driven into a driveway and then parked in a garage of a house. That residential scenery looks fantastic. Is that part of X-Plane as well, or would that scenery with the house be a downloadable addon for X-Plane?