Sign in to follow this  
iflygary

Can't Get the Tablet to Disappear

I have the latest update but no matter where I click on the hotspot to make the tablet disappear, it won't.  Is it just me??

Gary

2 hours ago, iflygary said:

I have the latest update but no matter where I click on the hotspot to make the tablet disappear, it won't.  Is it just me??

Gary

Are you saying that if you click on the EFB "Camera" in the center of the top bezel as shown in the FSW C414 manual, that doesn't work anymore in the latest C414 update, ver 2.7.0?

Al

Edited by ark

5 hours ago, ark said:

Are you saying that if you click on the EFB "Camera" in the center of the top bezel as shown in the FSW C414 manual, that doesn't work anymore in the latest C414 update, ver 2.7.0?

Al

Al,

I uninstalled, and then did a reinstall.  All is working fine now.

Gary

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 2:41 PM, ark said:

Al

I had the same issue tonight. With the EFB open and on the mount I tried to close the EFB by clicking the click spot on the top as always but this time the cursor showed a hand and didn't change to an arrow and the EFB wouldn't close. I thought it might be a mouse issue but all was normal elsewhere on the panel click spots.
Eventually it did work correctly and the cursor changed to an arrow, it clicked the spot and the EFB closed.
Note this has not happened before and I've had the 414 for a while now.
A wonderful job all around by the Flysimware team on this plane.

Dudley Henriques
Chief Pilot for A2A Simulations

27 minutes ago, dhenriques said:

I had the same issue tonight. With the EFB open and on the mount I tried to close the EFB by clicking the click spot on the top as always but this time the cursor showed a hand and didn't change to an arrow and the EFB wouldn't close. I thought it might be a mouse issue but all was normal elsewhere on the panel click spots.
Eventually it did work correctly and the cursor changed to an arrow, it clicked the spot and the EFB closed.
Note this has not happened before and I've had the 414 for a while now.
A wonderful job all around by the Flysimware team on this plane.

Dudley Henriques
Chief Pilot for A2A Simulations

Hello Dudley,

That's really strange. I assume you have the latest C414 version, v2.9.0, where the EFB now stores in the pilot's side console pocket.  I just tried the EFB and all seems to be working, and I have not seen any reports similar to yours, so I don't know what to say at this point.

I'm just a volunteer with FSW;  I'll pass on your kind complement to Mark who "is" FSW.

Al

Edited by ark

43 minutes ago, ark said:

Hello Dudley,

That's really strange. I assume you have the latest C414 version, v2.9.0, where the EFB now stores in the pilot's side console pocket.  I just tried the EFB and all seems to be working, and I have not seen any reports similar to yours, so I don't know what to say at this point.

I'm just a volunteer with FSW;  I'll pass on your kind complement to Mark who "is" FSW.

Al

Yes. I have v2.9.0. Unbelievably good job by Flysimware. The I Pad issue seemed to be intermittent. I had flown for a while testing a Garmin issue which I solved and had brought up the pad several times and returned it to the pocket with no issues. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't close. It was interesting that the cursor showed a hand and not an arrow when this happened. I suspected it might be a local issue with the mouse. I use a Logitech wireless so I checked the batteries. They were ok. Also the arrow cursor showed elsewhere on the panel just not changing on the EFB camera clickspot.
Then it sorted itself out and the arrow showed and the pad closed normally.
I still think it might be a local issue with the mouse but there is of course the other poster here on the forum with the issue. It was that post that prompted me to post as I came here looking to see if anyone else had the issue and someone did.
Hopefully a solution will come up somewhere. I'm monitoring this thread just in case.

And thank you BTW, for the reply.

DH

Dudley Henriques

Dudley,

The original thread poster here apparently solved his problem with a reinstall. That although was with a previous version of the C414, but perhaps worth a try if necessary. I appreciate the feedback and would like to know if it happens again.

I expect there will a general update (with minor fixes) to the C414 next week to coincide with the C414 release on the MSFS MarketPlace, so instead of trying a reinstall now, maybe just wait for that and see what happens.

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, ark said:

Dudley,

The original thread poster here apparently solved his problem with a reinstall. That although was with a previous version of the C414, but perhaps worth a try if necessary. I appreciate the feedback and would like to know if it happens again.

I expect there will a general update (with minor fixes) to the C414 next week to coincide with the C414 release on the MSFS MarketPlace, so instead of trying a reinstall now, maybe just wait for that and see what happens.

Al

Sound advice. I'll wait.

On 9/3/2022 at 10:37 PM, dhenriques said:

Yes. I have v2.9.0. Unbelievably good job by Flysimware. The I Pad issue seemed to be intermittent. I had flown for a while testing a Garmin issue which I solved and had brought up the pad several times and returned it to the pocket with no issues. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't close. It was interesting that the cursor showed a hand and not an arrow when this happened. I suspected it might be a local issue with the mouse. I use a Logitech wireless so I checked the batteries. They were ok. Also the arrow cursor showed elsewhere on the panel just not changing on the EFB camera clickspot.
Then it sorted itself out and the arrow showed and the pad closed normally.
I still think it might be a local issue with the mouse but there is of course the other poster here on the forum with the issue. It was that post that prompted me to post as I came here looking to see if anyone else had the issue and someone did.
Hopefully a solution will come up somewhere. I'm monitoring this thread just in case.

And thank you BTW, for the reply.

DH

Dudley Henriques

Hi Dudley,

So there is a bug for MSFS where anything behind a HTML LCD screen will click before the hotspot on the LCD itself. We have this thread on the MSFS dev support forum. This might be the odd issue that happens to you. We also may have finally got a solution for the non legacy mouse mode for now at least. MSFS needs to fix this and they are aware. 

TIP: If this is the issue, try to keep your cockpit view near the default location to prevent clicking anything behind the screen on the main panel.

Glad you like the study level C414 as this took a lot of effort as we are now dealing with new coding methods.

Edited by Flysimware

Thank you for the reply and data. I will try the workaround as suggested. This issue just might be related to another

one that seems to be similar. Using the Garmin 750 set up for a VFR flight plan the aircraft icon only lies on the TC

magenta line at a 5nm range. Anything further out either takes the icon off the line or the line away from the aircraft icon.

As long as you leave the range set at 5nm or less you get mating between the icon and the course line.
Like you I hope Microsoft gets it together on these things because the sim itself has tremendous potential. What you have

done with the 414 proves that a superior dev team can work with the SDK and come up with a excellent flight model.

I'm getting accurate depth of fidelity for example on takeoff as concerns lateral control that replicates closely the weight

and inertia I'd be expecting from a 414 at normal GW and cg. VERY good job by your team on things like this.
I'll look for the next update on the 414 as I know you're aware of the issues and doing the best you can. The rest is up to

Microsoft.
Dudley Henriques