Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

Sim Unusable When Switching Back To Monitor

As the title suggests.

A few updates ago I have had a situation. I am unable to use the sim in monitor mode after switching from VR. The frame rate falls to 5FPS.

I have to close Windows Mixed reality before the sim is usable again. 

If I decide to go back in VR, the moment I re activate WMR, the frames are back to 5 FPS. If I activate VR mode, sometimes I get a CTD, but most times it switches to VR mode and runs quite fine, though perhaps not as smooth as my original activation.

I am using a RTX 280 Super. with a 9th gen Intel I9 and 64G memory.

I am on Windows 11 pro but had the problem before updating to Windows 11. Infact, I went to Windows 11 hoping this would have fixed the problem.

I have seen this problem mentioned before but never did see a solution.

Any advice appreciated.

Edited by Romeo_Tango
  • Upvote 1

Robin

I have been experiencing the he same thing for some time now.  Not sure what the cause is. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Same thing happens to me. To deal with it, once I go into VR I try to stay in it. If I do go out of VR, I close down WMR and 2D performance returns, but trying to go back into VR is asking for trouble, so I don't.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Fwiw, it seems a good practice to once in a while udate bios and reïnstall headset drivers (also WMR) I found out the hard and frustrating way, with WMR and G2. I had CTD's for about 3/4 of a year and blamed display drivers, google map tool, all kinds of other add-ons and even logitech stuff, all without succes. After doing the above everything is working well and no more ctd's.