Sign in to follow this  
bcote689

Minor bugs new p3d version

Thanks for the software. I really enjoy it. In conjuction with LAAPATC, it has really changed the experience for me.

Here are what may be some very minor bugs in the p3d version. I am using P3DV4.5. I may not have noticed them before. Let me know if I can further help pinpointing the issues.

Dash 8 not recognized and incorrect weight category.

Spoiler

Waiting for Prepar3D ...
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 (4.5.14.34698) connected 
User ac title: MJC8Q400_BBD
User ac wing span unknown, max is taken instead, please report in my Forum!
User ac model: DHC8D, category: Light

When installing to a custom installation folder (c:/p3daddons/PsxtP3d), the zip file for the stock airport was not unzipped automatically. I could do it manually.

Parked update file got truncated during the first few trials of the new software... got an error message that the file was found but could not be loaded due to a tag mismatch. This never happened in quasi daily use of the software for the past say two months.

Spoiler

**Note file was normal up to here

<parkpos id="p6" latitude="45.479439" longitude="-73.732559" heading="42.8" radius="19.1" cargo="false" ramp="true">
        <aircraft>
            <option airline="AAL" type="A319" real="false" hours="3" />
            <option airline="AIE" type="B190" real="true" hours="17,18" />
            <option airline="AIE" type="B350" real="true" hours="15,16" />
            <option airline="AIE" type="B732" real="false" hours="1,23" />
            <option airline="AIE" type="B732" real="true" hours="14,15" />
            <option airline="AIE" type="B733" real="true" hours="20,21,22" />
            <option airline="AIE" type="DH8C" real="true" hours="0,17,18" />
            <option airline="ROU" type="A321" real="false" hours="4" />
            <option airline="SER" type="SERV" real="true" hours="21,22" />
            <option airline="TSC" type="A21N" real="false" hours="1" />
            <option airline="TSC" type="A321" real="false" hours="1,23" />
        </aircraft>
    </parkpos>
    <parkpos id="p7" latitude="45.465630" longitude="-73.751534" heading="267.1" radius="35.1" cargo="false" ramp="true">
        <aircraft>
            <option airline="BAW" type="B788" real="false" hours="2" />
            <option airline="SER" type="C208" real="true" hours="0,1" />
            <option airline="SER" type="SERV" real="true" hours="0,1" />
        </aircraft>
    </parkpos>
    <parkpos id="swp1" latitude="45.451908" longitude="-73.754463" heading="121.8" radius="14.1" cargo="false" ramp="true">

***Note file got truncated here, was able to fix from a backup

That may not be a bug, but just want to point out that these fields used to be filled in the parameters file

Spoiler

<parameter name="STOCK_AIRPORTS_FOLDER" value="" />
    <parameter name="ADDON_AIRPORTS_FOLDER" value="" />

Edited by bcote689
added p3d version

5 hours ago, bcote689 said:

Thanks for the software. I really enjoy it. In conjuction with LAAPATC, it has really changed the experience for me.

Here are what may be some very minor bugs in the p3d version. I am using P3DV4.5. I may not have noticed them before. Let me know if I can further help pinpointing the issues.

Hi,

Glad you like and enjoy it! Pls, tell your sim-friends.

The dash 8 problem is not a bug in P3D. The supplier of your user aircraft has not filled in the right aircraft type code, it should be DH8D.  ICAO aircraft codes never have more then 4 characters. You should change that in the aircraft.cfg file of your aircraft.

Don't know why the stock airports were not unzipped? 

Don't know why an airport file got truncated either...? :-[   Maybe it happened when you copied from your previous installation?

The STOCK_AIRPORTS_FOLDER,  ADDON_AIRPORTS_FOLDER and LIVERIES_FOLDER are used in a networked configuration only.They are empty by default. With this fresh install you will see that.

Nico

Edited by kiek

22 hours ago, Petraeus said:

?

http://laap.atc.free.fr/accueil-en.php

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models