Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Rad Power eBike

My Radrover 6 Plus was delivered yesterday afternoon. My landlord helped be to get the heavy monster out of the box(~85 pounds), but I was able to get it fully assembled in a few hours today. It will be interesting to see how it will handle the occasional steep grades here in the Ozark mountains!

I'm hoping that with the minimum "pedal assist" I'll be able to strengthen my legs and improve my walking ability. Fortunately, there are plenty of paved back roads here in this rural area.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have a Senada Saber being delivered tomorrow… Stoked to get out and enjoy the exercise and fresh air.  I believe I can get the workout I need without the fear of over doing it.  Hope you enjoy the ride.

cheers 

Steve

On 7/30/2022 at 10:08 PM, sluihn said:

I have a Senada Saber being delivered tomorrow… Stoked to get out and enjoy the exercise and fresh air.  I believe I can get the workout I need without the fear of over doing it.  Hope you enjoy the ride.

Oh nice, Steve! My eBike is a step-through version, but only has a 750 watt hub motor. Even so, the amount of torque when starting out is "scary fast!" It's going to take me awhile to get everything adjusted for my comfort. I went out this afternoon and picked up a much wider saddle to better fit my wide, bony butt though! 😄

I hope you will enjoy your eBike also. BTW, your bike's battery is similar to mine, so it likely weighs about 8 lbs. also.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

, but only has a 750 watt hub motor. Even so, the amount of torque when starting out is "scary fast!"

only a 750Watt?  That should be plenty of power Mr Bill.  Its all in the gearing.

Ride out to Crater of Diamonds and have a look around.  Might be worth your while.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Well, your eBike has a 1000 watt motor!  Thanks for the referral to Crater of Diamonds. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to get my RadRover 6 Plus down there as I don't as yet have a bike carrier for my little Toyota Camry.

Fr. Bill    

11 hours ago, n4gix said:

Well, your eBike has a 1000 watt motor!  Thanks for the referral to Crater of Diamonds. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to get my RadRover 6 Plus down there as I don't as yet have a bike carrier for my little Toyota Camry.

Good morning Fr. Bill -  I'm afraid you have me confused with someone else as I don't have an ebike.  I wanted one but my state of Alabama appears to require a motorcycle license to operate even a peddle assist ebike so I didn't explore further.

Also - I've never been to Crater of Diamonds state park but I always wanted to go.  I would see the signs for it every time I was in the area.  I hear lots of people have actually found diamonds there.

I'm sorry to have misled you.  very sincerely sorry.

If you do go to the park, I hope you enjoy yourself and keep safe.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

It's a 1000watter for a reason.   Although the doctor should be happy and not amused.  I mean im trying to get equal time between flight sim and exercise. 

Cheers

• Like 1