Sign in to follow this  
Wardie

XP12 and 430/530

On 9/28/2022 at 11:21 PM, evilstiefel said:

It doesn't seem to work with the 3D cockpit-integration using an old installer. The plugin itself works and the buttons from the 3D-cockpit interact with the popout window, but I think we'll have to wait for a statement from the developer on intentions.

It does for me, you need to have the panel configured correctly, I'm running it in planes copied over from XP11 with the configs already set and it appears in the 3D panel, also works in the default XP12 C172. AFAIK nothing has changed in drawing to the panels plugin wise from 11 to 12.

I've tried it, but in the default XP12 C172 + REP it does not work "correctly". The screen in the cockpit will show the default laminar G530, clicking on it will create a popup for BOTH the Laminar and the RXP GNS, and the buttons in the 3D cockpit ONLY affect the RXP. So almost everything is working, just not the screen replacement (and right now it seems impossible to create a panel screenshot for coordinates using shift+ctrl+alt+space).

spacer.png

Edited by evilstiefel

1 hour ago, evilstiefel said:

I've tried it, but in the default XP12 C172 + REP it does not work "correctly". The screen in the cockpit will show the default laminar G530, clicking on it will create a popup for BOTH the Laminar and the RXP GNS, and the buttons in the 3D cockpit ONLY affect the RXP. So almost everything is working, just not the screen replacement (and right now it seems impossible to create a panel screenshot for coordinates using shift+ctrl+alt+space).

spacer.png

If you’re the guy on discord wanting specifics, PM the guy who spoke to you there in the time specified so you can stop asking randoms if they’re me or here either way, again, 8 hours, I have a mandatory back of eyelid inspection overdue. I’m running REP as well so we can discuss what’s different.

Sorry for the double post admin people.

Updated to XP 12 Beta 7 and while my REP copy still functions as described, the default did not. I did some testing in Plane Maker and found that the newer 172 includes a screen object that's 23 lines of text and causing this drama, it sits over the top of the original screen, and it seems XP 12 doesn't use the old 3D panel texture system to render to it, additionally the cockpit.obj is different. Using <every modifier key known to man> + Space screenshots the RXP rendering to the panel texture correctly, while you see exactly what @evilstiefel posted. Simply removing the screen objects from plane maker AND swapping cockpit.obj with the one in the REP C172 seems to fix this issue, however, doing so means every mouse click in the plane makes the same click sound whether a switch or a button, bare panel, right seat, left seat, glass, it's all a ballpoint pen tapping a metallic surface.

Ideally if LR did change the way the 530/430 is handled in some aircraft, @RXP could liaise and solve the problem in an update. In the interim, I guess I'll keep looking at this myself and see if I can find a fix - I'm looking through the SDK and Plane Maker docs to see if there's any answers there. I'll post any progress, help is welcome.

Edited by jamie_c
Added further detail on what was done to get the default C172 to work with RXP.
  • Like 1

So now this is 3 posts in a row from me, but this one is a week after the last.

I've done further digging on other default aircraft with X-Plane and found that, as an example the default B58 Baron uses the new GPS render target (this caused the issues with the C172), I've yet to dissect the OBJs, it's already evident there's more work involved in making this plugin work with the new system in the B58 without the developer updating it and that's assuming the SDK 4.0+ allows developers to draw to that render target, if it does, the configuration process for RXP in 3D panels is far simpler going forward. The new render target is a 520x390 image for the GNS530 with no other instruments on it, there's no coordinates to worry about.

I've made changes to the C172 cockpit over the last week and done a lot of flying in it, the changes got the GNS working (even reversed the RNG rocker switch so up arrow zooms out, probably an easier way to do it I've missed?) and unfortunately broke other things. The OBJ Blender importer I have will let me import any OBJ model from X-Plane, except the ones I need to alter, so I've done most of the work in VS Code.

• Like 1

Hello,

I just purchased à RXPGNS530 hopping to implement it to my x plane 12. As I red over here i get the same message the installer looks to x plane 11. Nothing to do.

Some one knows if RXP can provide an upgrade to x plane 12 ? I understood that there is testing version ?

I just received the new update which included the XP12 installer. Unfortunately, and as other have posted, for some reason XP12 doesn't allow creation of the Panel_Preview thus I can't get the integration in 3D though the 2D panels work.

• Like 1

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

27 minutes ago, pkaser said:

Any word from RXP?

nothing yet though their forum link points to this forum so we shall see.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Yep. Installed it in XP12 and works.like a champ. You have to redownload the installer from flight1.com

2 hours ago, pkaser said:

Yep. Installed it in XP12 and works.like a champ

For me it does not: 

it seems to work for you, do you have a solution for me?

as 

• Like 1

I have the same issue.

I have three custom aircraft I made, all of them has the same cockpit drawing method, similar SASL plugins, etc. RealityXP ini is the same as well, only coordinates are adjusted.

In one of them the RXP GNS is drawing on the panel as it should, in the two other, no. I can't figure out any difference between the three airplanes (in therms of planemaker construction / cockpit.obj wise) that can cause panel rendering issue.