Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

What new payware FSx a/c are available?

Hi allWhat new addon payware a/c are available for FSx? I don't mean a/c that were designed a couple of years ago for FS9 and ported across to FSx - but totally new ones?Thanks Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Barry, The RAS SF260 was a complete re-build for FSX so it qualifies. It is the only payware a/c I have bought for FSX so far. The default a/c are really good so I haven't felt the urge to wear the numbers off my credit card yet. Besides, there is just not the headroom in FSX that there was in FS9, so even if Aeroworx released an FSX version of their B200, I would not be interested unless it was lighter on the frame rate than their (excellent) FS9 version. The only way I can find more headroom in FSX is to run photo-realistic scenery that does not need autogen.Cheers,Noel.

Depending of what you mean by "ported", there are at least three categories: the products that worked unchanged in FSX, those that were "made to work" with FSX but not using any of the FSX features, and those who were upgraded to actually use the new FSX features.LevelD 767 was upgraded and released a couple of weeks ago.PMDG said the new 744 is in beta.RealAir Sia Marchetti SF260 was upgraded (as indicated above) and was probably the first one out of the FSX gates with FSX features such as bumpmaps for the rivets.Leonardo released the MD82 (Maddog2006) with an updated 2d panel, although the model doesn't use FSX features (yet). A VC is due soon, I'm hoping that the model is getting a facelift too.Wilco/Feelthere has a set of Airbuses out there, EagleSoft has the updated Citation out.We seem to be hitting the sweet spot for releases now that FSX SP1 is out, and development cycles are coming to a close. Most add-on devs do this as a hobby outside the regular workweek, and FSX with the introduction of simconnect and updated toolkit have caused some major under the hood rewrites. That's taking a lot of time. I think of it as keeping the same kitchen cabinets but replacing the plumbing and the walls. Looks the same, but a lot of work went on behind the scenes.Etienne

>FSD's Piper Saratoga was new for FSX.>>JimI'll second this one. I flew at dusk last night with FSX, ASX, UT, TrackIR and the FSD Saratoga. This combination has given me the nearest feeling to flying for real that I have ever had in FS :-eekEver since FSX was released, I have done nothing but tweaked it and played with settings. A week ago I got rid of the blurries and have been have great fun ever since - the FSD Saratoga was the icing on a now very nice cake.Ray Keattch

>"EagleSoft has the updated Citation out"Actually, every Eaglesoft Aircraft with the exception of our Citation X is now available for FSX!:-)