Sign in to follow this  
knich

RealTraffic Time offset workaround?

RealTraffic now makes you pay a lot to do 24 hour time offset.  Now..I can't get realistic traffic at airports at different times of the day.

I love all you do here, but it limits the use of your program.  Is there a workaround?

16 hours ago, knich said:

Is there a workaround?

No there is not.

Note that my program was originally designed to show real time traffic. That's what it does.

Flying in the past is a nice to have extra feature. It costs Balthasar a lot of extra money to store all historic data (at payed IT servers!. So I can imagine he charges something extra.

Edited by kiek

10 hours ago, kiek said:

No there is not.

Note that my program was originally designed to show real time traffic. That's what it does.

Flying in the past is a nice to have extra feature. It costs Balthasar a lot of extra money to store all historic data (at payed IT servers!. So I can imagine he charges something extra.

Just to throw in my 2 cents in here. I can understand the added expense of having to store 24h worth of extra data but we now have to pay twice as much as before to access it. Now granted you also get the weather maps, but as a MSFS user I don't need that, as weather maps are available free elsewhere (ie: simtools). I wish he a had a middle tear option, for maybe $12-15 /month. I do miss having the 24h traffic data but I can't justify paying twice as much to get it back. In the end of course it is up to Balthasar to set his own pricing.

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

11 hours ago, Gate99 said:

I wish he a had a middle tear option, for maybe $12-15 /month. I do miss having the 24h traffic data but I can't justify paying twice as much to get it back. In the end of course it is up to Balthasar to set his own pricing.

Make that good suggestion to Balthasar I'd say.

4 hours ago, kiek said:

Make that good suggestion to Balthasar I'd say.

I did reach out to him with this suggestion shortly after he made the change but it was rejected. My hope is that more people will reach out to him with this suggestion and that he will reconsider his decision. 

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

On 8/26/2022 at 2:43 AM, Gate99 said:

I did reach out to him with this suggestion shortly after he made the change but it was rejected. My hope is that more people will reach out to him with this suggestion and that he will reconsider his decision. 

I inquired about the change and he was pretty grumpy about it. I understand the economics and would pay a middle ground, but I agree the price is too much.  

Unfortunately, what this means is I may have to use AIG more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knich said:

I inquired about the change and he was pretty grumpy about it.

Well I can understand why.  People complaining about the price, while they have no idea of the financial situation at the sellers end..

It is pretty simple, it is your own decision. If you find it too expensive, don't buy it, no problem.

24 minutes ago, kiek said:

Well I can understand why.  People complaining about the price, while they have no idea of the financial situation at the sellers end..

It is pretty simple, it is your own decision. If you find it too expensive, don't buy it, no problem.

Correct..don't know his financial situation.  But that's why I said I and others probably could help but not at double the price.  I think current price will harm his financial situation.

It was just an observation as we like the product...at the right price.

• Like 1

I just begrudgingly paid for another month (basic package) so I can at least have some real time traffic, even if I can't use the time offset. Having said that I will also be looking into alternatives. Sometimes it makes more financial sense to charge a bit less but get more customers. Anyways I will be watching if anything changes in pricing when my month is up.

Mark

18 hours ago, Gate99 said:

Having said that I will also be looking into alternatives

You will not find a program like PSXT and certainly not one that supports historic data. 😉

Sometimes it makes more financial sense to charge a bit less but get more customers. 

That's  a business decision Balthasar has to make. 

Anyways I will be watching if anything changes in pricing when my month is up.

Well the price of PSXT cannot go any lower 😉 Don't forget you got my program for free...

Nico

Edited by kiek

19 hours ago, knich said:

Correct..don't know his financial situation.  But that's why I said I and others probably could help but not at double the price.  I think current price will harm his financial situation.

It was just an observation as we like the product...at the right price.

With PSXT you get the traffic injection, airport learning, and a whole bunch of other goodies for FREE. With AIG you get great models and liveries of most of the worlds current aircraft...for FREE...but paying for the data is too expensive - got it. Why is it there are some that just can't quietly accept their choice to NOT buy something - they feel compelled to yell at the world about how unfair it all is.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, somiller said:

Why is it there are some that just can't quietly accept their choice to NOT buy something - they feel compelled to yell at the world about how unfair it all is.

Very well said!.

Look for instance at the lenghty discussions about the price of the PMDG 737-800 for MSFS...

11 hours ago, somiller said:

With PSXT you get the traffic injection, airport learning, and a whole bunch of other goodies for FREE. With AIG you get great models and liveries of most of the worlds current aircraft...for FREE...but paying for the data is too expensive - got it. Why is it there are some that just can't quietly accept their choice to NOT buy something - they feel compelled to yell at the world about how unfair it all is.

Do you mean like your comments in GSX PRO thread?  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Plus...sorry you missed the crux of my posts.  The cost was secondary..my main inquiry was whether there was a workaround.  

My other posts were about helping to support RT...not to complain about it.  You didn't accept your choice NOT to own GSX Pro...you felt compelled to "yell at the world" that you didn't like what you paid for...lol.    

Edited by knich

We should all be grateful that Realtraffic still is in business, and deliver top data even at the current price. I remember a couple of years ago, there was several months with no ground-data from Realtraffic due to problems with high data-costs for high-quality data needed for PSXT. In the end, the developer of Realtraffic found a solution and the service is almost always online with next to no downtime. I do not think he deliver Realtraffic data to us in order to make a lot of money for himself.

22 hours ago, knich said:

Do you mean like your comments in GSX PRO thread?  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Plus...sorry you missed the crux of my posts.  The cost was secondary..my main inquiry was whether there was a workaround.  

My other posts were about helping to support RT...not to complain about it.  You didn't accept your choice NOT to own GSX Pro...you felt compelled to "yell at the world" that you didn't like what you paid for...lol.    

sry pal, but false comparison...I paid for GSX, it just sucked. Never once complained about the price...I'm not cheap like you.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB