Sign in to follow this  
Guest DocW

Flight 1 ATR propdisc and clouds

Hi there,I noticed with the FSX update, the propdiscs seem to have been layered below the clouds. Has anybody else noticed that?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, and I have a couple other "FSX-ready"add-ons that have their afterburner effects layered below distant clouds as well. It's a very aggravating known FSX bug that apparently didn't make it to the priority list for the SP.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

It's not a bug in FSX. To test this, try one of the default aircraft.

perhaps it's the way the prop disc is modelled? The B17 and the ** Fighter package (my only FSX add ons) did not show this bug. But the ATR disc looks more transparent and shimmering than the other ones.I forgot what it was but there were different methods of modelling the pro disc and one had issues, if I remember correct.

>perhaps it's the way the prop disc is modelled? The B17 and>the ** Fighter package (my only FSX add ons) did not show>this bug.I haven't tried this with all of the ** fighters, but the Spitfire has this problem too.

>I haven't tried this with all of the ** fighters, but the>Spitfire has this problem too.hm, when I am back from work I will check this again. I am positive about the B17, but wouldn't hold my breath on the ** Fighters package.

Yes it is....the way 3rd party alpha channels work in FSX...I don't see it with any default birds...I have a bunch of planes and helos that were "updated" for FSX that have this effect, it's really annoying on helicopters....ARGH

David is right.I tried the ** Zero and the Thunderbolt, both have the problem, so I guess they are all in the same boat. Before SP1, I couldn't afford any weather fps wise ...The propdiscs of the B17 are different, of somewhat lesser quality, perhaps just with a transparency set in 3dsmax and not with an alpha channel. They do not visibly turn, as the ** Fighter prop disc do (with the strobe effect).