Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Sound "stuttering"

All of the sudden, my sound stutters irregularly in the sim. Totally annoying. As I do not find time for the sim that often nowadays, I can not pinpoint the exact moment this started, all I know is that it is a rather new phenomenon. Could it be due to one of the AMD driver updates? I tried everything to get rid of it, adjusting sound settings of my Sound Blaster Z, in the Windows settings, within MSFS. The issue persists. It is not linked to the spikes in the performance graph, yet it seems to be somehow related to the load within MSFS, as it is sometimes correlated with slight stutters of the sim. Does anyone also see this?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Check all your USB connections. 

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

Dont have that many, just the common ones: keyboard, mouse and joystick, they are all fine

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

All of the sudden, my sound stutters irregularly in the sim. Totally annoying. As I do not find time for the sim that often nowadays, I can not pinpoint the exact moment this started, all I know is that it is a rather new phenomenon. Could it be due to one of the AMD driver updates? I tried everything to get rid of it, adjusting sound settings of my Sound Blaster Z, in the Windows settings, within MSFS. The issue persists. It is not linked to the spikes in the performance graph, yet it seems to be somehow related to the load within MSFS, as it is sometimes correlated with slight stutters of the sim. Does anyone also see this?

i had this all day yesterday , today it seems to be a lot better for some reason, after several restarts , and updates of GSX and a cheeky " SFC /Scannow CMD , of course it could be nothing to with these actions ! lol

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

I had this yesterday also.

I was running Sim Toolkit and ATC Chatter at the time. I stopped ATC Chatter and that seemed to solve the issue. 

Could have been a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, Chock said:

You might be up to something here, I remember slightly that the last AMD driver installation led to some strange effects on USB hubs, have to check this

Greetings, Chris

Guys, sometimes the obvious is far away: on one of my speakers, the cables were slightly loose resulting in some intermitting connection and the described stuttering. Screws tightened and everything is fine. Funny how a stuttering in the sound gives you the impression of an actual stutter in the game though... Thanks anyway all for your suggestions.

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris