Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

FSX airplane developers...heads up..

For this particular discussion and argument, a list of planes that support SC is moot.What would support your argument (that developers are ignoring SC and they need to try harder) more, would be a list of gauges that support SC and a list that "don't". And make sure those gauges are performing exactly the same function and provide exactly the same output. That would support your argument that functionality is ignored. But if you are going to argue that LevelD is "ignoring" functionality by comparing the 767 FMC with a C172 Bendix Radio, then you are comparing apples and oranges and there is no basis for your argument.For instance, I was recently reading a message on Pete Dowson's forum, where a person was asking for a greater range for an ILS indicator needle function. It's value is by the SDK an integer value, and the poster was asking Pete if he could add a function to output the same information using floating point values instead. The poster found he couldn't use the integer information because it didn't have high enough granularity for his purposes. Oops, shared cockpit won't work anymore, since FS doesn't give good enough information. It's not that the poster was ignoring any functionality or not trying enough, his gauge would not work using standard methods.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Thomas,I'm still waiting to hear from you so that we can fly together. After all, the proof is in the pudding, as they say.If you don't know how to reach me just let me know in this thread. I look forward to it.I hope you have some of the planes I mentioned so that we will have the exact same thing when we load SC. I have almost every plane available and have tested them all (it's part of my accountibility to my clients) so I'm sure we'll match up.Than.......... when we are done you can make your own gauge list although if they are proprietary I doubt the developer would be really happy to share/release them.I'll leave that part up to you. If any developer wished to know if his/her/ AP/gauge/FMC/GPS/PFD/MFD etc etc etc was functioning in SC all they would have to do is sign into multiplayer, look for a friend, load their plane and fly it.When it went TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL after the 2nd officer turned on the AP they would have a pretty good idea that their could, might or apparently is a slight albeit TOTAL malfunction.Wouldn't they?Seems pretty easy to me.Michael Greenblattwww.fs-gs.comP.S. Sorry didn't understand the analogy with the Pete Dawson thing too techie for me.not sure if this proved that FS didn't have enough functionality or more than likely that the programmer was so far "out the box" that it simply wasn't possible.Sort of a glass half empty, or half full question isn't it?

Sigh...>"Eaglesoft are no longer the be all and end all avidyne..."Never said we were.:-) >"frankly I thought they had become arrogant as a result of being the only ones to provide an avidyne for some time."Obviously the arrogance accusation comes from your own accusing mind. Please do not continue with false accusations.:-)>"I just think people give them too much license because of this."What you think is probably unimportant to the majority of the people reading this. We are not all waiting with baited breath for your next thought to be posted:-)>"Ron, although I don't at all think that your motivations on providing those avidyne equipped columbia 400 simulations to Experience Aviation - so students may recreate Irving's route - are purely for profit, those simulations are still not donated for free and Irving himself was in need of sponsors to fund his trip, right?"Correct. It takes money to circumnavigate the globe and it takes money to run an Aviation Learning Center for Youth. If you don't believe that then just ask the Seattle Museum of Flight and the Experience Aviation Learning Center folks:-)>"There is a strong commercial element and for that reason I don't think your talking about it here is in good taste, especially since you and your colleagues have already devoted much of your blogs to the whole event."Check FS Insider and Mike Singers Blog and you'll find they've covered the flight pretty well:-) After all, this is now a part of history and we were pleased to have a part in it.:-)Of course there is a strong commercial element in all that we do and have done and you should take note that we are unapologetic about it:-)Just for quick reference, check the costs of registration to attend Avsim and Microsoft Conferences coming this Fall and then add travel expenses etc.Perhaps you could take a more mature outlook with regard to the costs of software development and even flight simulation conferences these days. These folks aren't doing these things as gift to you...:-)Last we looked, there still "ain't no such thing as a free lunch":-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

Hey pea-brain, notice how the topic changed back to what the op intended? Please don't divert the topic again, we did that already. Why don't you take the time you spend here and go fix your misinformational website?

>Hey pea-brain, notice how the topic changed back to what the>op intended? Please don't divert the topic again, we did that>already. Why don't you take the time you spend here and go fix>your misinformational website? Hmm, my response to your accusations must have hit a nerve...:-)Glad to see that after numerous hints and request for you to stop hijacking the mans thread you finally saw the light.:-) Perhaps the original poster could open a new thread on the same subject so that folks could get to the meat of the matter without you interjecting your latest "thoughts":-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

Shut up, hypocrite.

Guest PPSFA

Maybe the mods could lock this thread, since its run its course and now degenerated into name calling.