Sign in to follow this  
Rusty1843

XPUIPC Question

XPUIPC 2.0.0.0, through 2.0.5.9 seem to load fine in XP12 till you try to connect XPWideClient (2.0.0.0 or 2.0.0.3) from a remote computer on the network. Then XP12 crashes with the following 2 lines in the log.txt:
Threading violation calling XPSendMessageToWidget (C:\jenkins\xplanesdk\Src\XPLM\Src\XPWidgets.cpp:247)
Violation by XPUIPC/XPWideFS (XPUIPC/XPWideFS. - H:\X-Plane 12\Resources\plugins\XPUIPC\64\win.xpl)

Not sure if this is a XP12 bug or new XP12 plugin restrictions. I use it to run Pilot2ATC on a remote machine. I have not found a way to contact the XPUIPC developer and not sure there is active development going on with it. 

Hate cross posting.  

I found your topic in the forum and have been reading the information. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/272212-pilot2atc/&do=findComment&comment=2423122

Really a developer issue so XP12 developer documentation somewhere?

If it uses XP SDK then I would say might be SOL.   I would be looking for another payware solution.

Has anyone thought to check the XPUIPCOffsets.cfg for datarefs that are no longer available.   I read that XPWideClient shows connected and then drops.  This makes me think the issue is in the offset file which does transfer X plane datarefs information.   I am guessing that XPUIPC is the plugin dying so I would expect the wideclient to also terminate the connection.

I have been using XPUIPC to connect Pilot2ATC and SelfLoadingCargo uses this plugin as well.

Thats all my old mainframe mind could draw up.   Good luck.

Pick one place to continue, I suggest over in XP12 Utilities topic as there may be more eyes from Laminar.   XPUIPC is important to many but not many are reporting the issue.  The more report the more attention.

Just a thought, but it seems like one decent solution could be for Dave to expand on the XP P2ATC plugin to 'take over' for XPUIPC for collecting the info P2ATC needs. Then it's bye-bye dependency on an abandoned plugin! 

• Upvote 1