Sign in to follow this  
ABE

MIRAGE

Anybody download the Mirage collection?If so, did it work for you?It installed fine with me and it displayed ok in the aircraft thumbnails, but it made FSX crash when clicked on.By the way, an email to the authors was returned as undeliverable.Abe

Guest CocoLoco

It crashed with me as well.David

Were there any error messages on crash?The crashes I've gotten with new planes I've installed have just about always been due to a missing sound file for one of the gauges. I've also got a niggling problem that seems to occur with the VthMb HUD for the ABC F8 Crusader. In that plane, I'm able to load the plane and fly, but when I try to switch aircraft, or when I crash and the system reloads, I get a CTD.I fixed a crashing problem I was having with the PZL DHC-3 by adding either Gaugesound.dll or FSSound.dll to the dll.xml file (I've now added both, I can't remember which one fixed it, Gaugesound). At least that's what seemed to fix the problem.I found a problem yesterday upgrading the HU-16 Albatross when I added a stall gauge. I opened the (binary) gauge file with wordpad and searched for wav, and there it was. Found the sound and fixed the problem.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

There was ABSOLUTELY NO time for error message. Just a click on the thumbnail and pfft - FSX is gone!! This is my first experience like that. I was worried about a virus, so I checked. Thankfully NO virus.Like I said earlier the email I sent to the authors' was undeliverable.Abe

I got it and it looks nice but only two of the planes showed up on the "select aircraft" page and when I choose one my FSX crashes.

I know this problem and I've contacted authors of the Mirage. The model.cfg file there isn't in the folder, they have forgotten to put in it... They will re-upload the file and the problem will be corrected. I received the above email from the greek site, so hang on, relief is in sight.Abe