Sign in to follow this  
JimBeamBlack

Problem with elevator trim after updating to SU10

Hello all,

I just updated to MSFS SU10 yesterday and last night I tried to do a quick flight in the 414 and for some reason I can't use my elevator trim at all, it's stuck at one point.

I've had it mapped to my flight stick since I got it and has always worked, but now I can't even move it with the mouse control, I can roll it with the mouse, but then it rolls right back like it's centered for some reason?

I tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest file downloaded from my account page.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the TDI GTNXi, and the Garmin demo. (JIC this might have had some sort of an effect)

I also updated with a clean community folder and replaced the files after the SU10 update.

It also seems as if my auto pilot is stuck on?  BUT all the other control surfaces and trims work?

Re-mapping the trim to another button.

any ideas? and thanks for any help.

Edited by JimBeamBlack

Rob Comfort

2 hours ago, JimBeamBlack said:

Hello all,

I just updated to MSFS SU10 yesterday and last night I tried to do a quick flight in the 414 and for some reason I can't use my elevator trim at all, it's stuck at one point.

I've had it mapped to my flight stick since I got it and has always worked, but now I can't even move it with the mouse control, I can roll it with the mouse, but then it rolls right back like it's centered for some reason?

I tried:

Uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest file downloaded from my account page.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the TDI GTNXi, and the Garmin demo. (JIC this might have had some sort of an effect)

I also updated with a clean community folder and replaced the files after the SU10 update.

It also seems as if my auto pilot is stuck on?  BUT all the other control surfaces and trims work?

Re-mapping the trim to another button.

For your control devices do you have multiple profiles set up in MSFS?  If so check that you have the proper control selected in Controls Options.  Profiles are not stored in Community. They are stored, buried deep in users/appdata with long cryptic filenames.  

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, JimBeamBlack said:

My Suggestions:

If you are using Honeycomb controllers, I would unplug them and see if the AP will respond just using the mouse. There could be some "default" bindings associated with the controllers that are causing the problem and need to be changed. Some of the Honeycomb switches are not push buttons and so are always active in one state or another and this can lead to problems until the correct bindings are set up.  Even if you are not using Honeycomb controllers, seeing what happens with the controllers unplugged is a worthwhile test IMO.

If that doesn't seem to show anything, I suggest try loading the sim/C414 with no other addons in the Community folder except the TDS GTN. If your problems persist, this will eliminate a possible Community conflict as the cause.

Another thing that has caused some strange problems in the past is 3rd party liveries. So only test with the default liveries that came with the C414.

Al

Edited by ark

Humm, I don't use 3rd part liveries, not for any plane.

I have the HOTAS Warthog set with some ThrustMaster peddles, but I have been using them for several years now with no issues.

I'll check my profiles and see if that turns up anything, and then I'll empty my community folder and try it with just the TDS, VERY strange that it was just working a week ago, and now just after updating it has issues.  Almost feels like it MUST be something in the community folder.

thanks for the tips y'all, I'm going to do some more testing.

Rob Comfort

EDIT!! 

Ok that worked!! It was in fact a conflict on my HOTAS throttle, BUT with the auto pilot, somehow the auto pilot got mapped to my flaps button/switch?  strange.....  

Anyways, it's working now!!

thanks guys!!  Everything's working perfectly.

• Upvote 1

Rob Comfort