Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

Thought I'd let the dust settle a bit ....

Guest krswen

before I attempt the SP1 upgrade. I wanted to let the problems (and hopefully solutions) appear and mature before I made the move.Is there a recent step-by-step guide to the process? Also, I've seen recommendations that I uninstall and reinstall FSX first, but I also read that uninstalling FSX can screw up my FS9 installation ... true, false? They are on separate drives on my machine, if that matters. I have a ton of time and effort in my FS9 setup and would hate to have to start over.

Guest allcott

False. FSX clean install, defrag, then SP1, defrag.Simple as that.Allcott

For some people it works great, for others (Including me) it is a waste.:-hmmm I followed the instructions to the letter and got burned. If you still want to go ahead with it, at least write down your display settings somewhere before you install it. Any ideas how I found that out? :-roll I lost my settings and still haven't quite figured out what I had it set on before. I unistalled SP1 and am getting workable performance.

The uninstall of FSX won't "screw up" the FS9 installation but it will probably delete the Registry entry. Not a big problem though as it's easy to rebuild the Registry data for FS9. To do so, go here https://www.tweakfs.com/store/ and click on the Freeware Tools box on the left side of the page. Then download the FS9 Registry Utility which will rebuild the appropriate FS9 Registry entry.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest krswen

Well, I tried it and incredibly everything seems to work! Early on with FSX I had the dreaded 1722 error, but the fix was apparently permanent since this time FSX installed without any problems. I then installed SP1, defragged, rebooted and registered FSUIPC4 and tried TrackIR4. So far no problems.Does the SP1 upgrade automatically recognize a dual core processor, or do I need to turn something on?Thanks for the quick responses by the way ... that's the wonderful thing about this Forum.

Go ctrl, alt, del and look at the graphs they should both be running. It usually does get it right but if it dosnt add,[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=3to your config that tells it you have dual core.