Sign in to follow this  
penicka

Addon organizer after SU10

What exactly does the error message say? And do you know if you still have a content.xml or not?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Never mind.

I've uploaded version 1.07 b04 just now. This build can handle a missing content.xml

It will continue to use the file for the time being, this was just a fix so the program works at all.

Changing the order of the scenery packages with MSAO is probably futile from SU10 onwards, one will have to use the mechanism that is present in the sim.

LORBY-SI

Hi, the problem persist with new version MSAO: Error when reading config file: <C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.xml>

7 minutes ago, penicka said:

Hi, the problem persist with new version MSAO: Error when reading config file: <C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.xml>

Not for me, it works with or without the content.xml 

Does that file exist and what does it look like on your computer?

LORBY-SI

Hi O,

Will AO be re-released for MSFS ?  I’m getting too many addons to *not have a good mgmt tool.  Yours is my 1st pick after years of success with the P3D version.   

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Unfortunately I still haven't figured out how the content.xml works in the new version(s) of MSFS. There's just no logic to what I see. I am still using the MSAO tool, but I refrain from changing scenery order until that is resolved. 

TMBK there are other programs around that are doing the same thing(s). Like the "Addon Linker" tool (I don't know what it does exactly, but there are a lot of mentions about it in the forums).

• Like 1

LORBY-SI