Sign in to follow this  
mmcmah

Updates

Hi Nico,

Since I'd seen you say you were going to update the application for the double parking issue, I went looking for the update and found it on your site.

Normally, how would we know that there's an update available?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

Hi Nico,

Since I'd seen you say you were going to update the application for the double parking issue, I went looking for the update and found it on your site.

Normally, how would we know that there's an update available?

Thank you.

The app will tell you in the title bar. Usually in yellow text.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

The app will tell you in the title bar. Usually in yellow text.

Read about it in the Manual, section 3.3

6 minutes ago, kiek said:

Read about it in the Manual, section 3.3

Why ? it wasn't me asking

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Why ? it wasn't me asking

I know, it was just extra info for the OP

Thank you both. That had been my expectation, but I hadn't seen the indication in the program window when I opened it (after downloading the new version manually, but before installing it). 

I had opened the program specifically to check what the upgrade notice would look like. Maybe I just missed it.

Edited by mmcmah

I wanted to add the even though I'm now on 32.1.2, I am still seeing double parked planes. I will try to confirm that none of the ones I saw were statics with the scenery, but I know that one set of doubles happened at a gate at KLAX that is otherwise empty. It happened when I had traffic on at 30% and then I bumped it up to 50% to see what the airport would look like. At that point, I saw the double aircraft, dropped the percentage back to 30% and the second aircraft disappeared. The other occurrence, also at KLAX, was at a maintenance area, so it might be that there was a static there to begin with.

I just checked and the confirmed that the gate I referenced above is normally empty, and yet showed two aircraft. The Qantas maintenance area that I also referenced does actually have a static model and that was what I saw earlier, with another aircraft placed on top, so no issue there.

3 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I just checked and the confirmed that the gate I referenced above is normally empty, and yet showed two aircraft. The Qantas maintenance area that I also referenced does actually have a static model and that was what I saw earlier, with another aircraft placed on top, so no issue there.

You should not let addon aiports park static aircraft. Normally you can switch that off.

Edited by kiek

Just FYI, I am also still seeing some double parked aircraft at normal gates (no addon static) using 32.1.2. 

2 hours ago, kiek said:

You should not let addon aiports park static aircraft. Normally you can switch that off.

I am communicating with iniBuilds about that on their Discord. Currently not possible, the way they designed the add-on. It's not a big issue in the maintenance area, after all.

Speaking of traffic placement, though, I previously had the FeelThere KLAX installed and it showed up as KLAX by unknown 3rd party developer when being learned. I've since installed the iniBuilds KLAX and it's still showing up as unknown 3rd party developer.

Should I delete the airport definition file and restart from scratch? Should I delete all of the learned parking position aircraft? I ask because this morning I saw an A380 that was placed by PSXT and sicking into the terminal. I didn't know if that was a parking position definition issue, or if it was because of the old data that was learned, or if it was because of the transponder being turned off with weird location data.

Edited by mmcmah

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

I previously had the FeelThere KLAX installed and it showed up as KLAX by unknown 3rd party developer when being learned. I've since installed the iniBuilds KLAX and it's still showing up as unknown 3rd party developer.

Well detecting the publisher is difficult. PSXT does not know about FeelThere, so that will always show up as unknown etc.. It knows a few examples of INIBUILDS but that's also not very reliable. But it does not matter: Unknown3d part developer is a good outcome fro PSXT to handle different qualities of airports 

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

Should I delete the airport definition file and restart from scratch? Should I delete all of the learned parking position aircraft? I ask because this morning I saw an A380 that was placed by PSXT and sicking into the terminal. I didn't know if that was a parking position definition issue, or if it was because of the old data that was learned, or if it was because of the transponder being turned off with weird location data.

1) delete the KLAX.xml from updated_airports

2) uninstall the FeelThere KLAX addon.

3) push the Airports scan button =>, you should have got a new KLAX.xml for the INIBUILDS addon in the  thirdparty_airports folder.

4) Go in your Sim to KLAX and let it learn from scratch (or user PSXT_Learner for that).  It will take the KLAX.xml from thirdparty automatically and store it in updated airports.

Thank you so much. I did 1-3 and am now learning the new airport.