Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

Automatically Respond to Atc?

Guest mloveday

Hi everyone.Is it possible to get any type of software that automatically responds to atc rather than having to manually keep responding, as long haul flights are becoming very tedious!!Thanks Guys,Matt Loveday

I haven't seen any but when ATC hands you off, acknowledge the transfer but don't contact the next controlling agency. When youget 300-200 mile out from your destination contact the center and then you will have approach control for landing.

Guest Kingair315

In my opinion long flights are boring only because so many try to do too much automatically. When you make all course adjustments, etc manually, respond to all ATC, etc, it becomes more interesting. Since the early 80's have never become bored, even on flights from CA to Australia or India, etc. If I felt bored, I'd find something more interesting to do with life. For me, today is my life, and I make the most of each day, to enjoy it to the fullest. IMHO the -purpose- of life, is to enjoy it or help others to do so, and Ive never had a boring day in my life, since I realized we create our own Happiness. No one else can make use Happy.Usually the only automatic feature that I use, is altitude control... and usually control it manually, and it keeps you busy. It takes quite a bit of skill to do so, adjusting controls, trim, speed, fuel, etc, but it can be done with practice. With a great deal of imagination, flights can also be made more interesting. Setting controls for maximum realism, and allowing the FS to create emergencies makes it even more interesting. Though sometimes results in disasters, like the time an engine caught fire, and instead of landing at the nearest field, tried to continue to LAX. The engine exploded, lost a wing and down we went, just before an 11 hour flight ended...Making long flights over land also makes it easier to keep your interest up. Flights at high altitudes can be boring, but making them in Props, is never boring. Try a WACO on a cross country flight, or any aircraft with a ceiling of 10000 feet. Make sure to plan the route to include crossing mountains which are higher, so you must find your way through the passes. If you use FSGENESIS mesh, you get to see scenery so realistic, you can take photos of the mountains you visited, and compare them. Generally the only difference will be the amount of snow or vegetation on them. The accuracy is within 10m.Fly from Anchorage to San Diego over the mountains. Or any trip which exceeds the range of the aircraft. Do Touch and Go's at airfields you pass enroute, landings are the most interesting part of the FS to me. But, watch your fuel guages, as you will burn more fuel, and need to refuel more often. Go to 10,000 in any small aircraft, cut off your fuel and practice emergency landings at any field you can see. Keep your aircraft from stalling, and yet make it down safely.Use your imagination to create many scenarios where you really need to think about what you are doing. Like taking the Kingair into the eye of the next Hurricane, and circle down to sea level, then climb out again. Fly the length of the Grand Canyon in a Kingair to Lake Mead, 1k lower than the rim. To make some turns you'll have to use full flaps and drop the wheels! Imagine you have an airtank with you, use a WACO on ski's, fly as high as you can get it and land on the glacier on the mountain in Dinali National Park, AK... You can never reach the top, but give yourself the challange of finding out how high you can go. Just keep circling the mountain as you climb, so see all the details. Try it at different times of the day, and you will have some very interesting experiences. I enjoy it most when the Northern Lights are changing colors.Fly a plane with floats cross country landing on lakes to refuel, etc... Land in Wrigley field and take off in a WACO. Land a C172 in Red Square like a real pilot did once. Fly to the Pyramids in a Rotary Wing, or hover in front of the Spinx, and go see Niagra Falls, and watch the water flowing over the falls. Fly into Yellowstone, and watch Old Faithful Shoot steam and water into the air. Land a Lear on an aircraft carrier (altitude 150 feet) and practice until you can keep it from going off the end. These and many more things you can dream up, will give you flying skills that will keep you from ever being bored. I've been using the FS now for over 20 years, and have yet to be bored. OH, sorry, did get bored once, when I flew from SFO to Bombay in a 747, with most controls on automatic.There is no end to the things you can do in the FS to make it interesting. do a search for "Easter Eggs" to get the file with a list of very interesting objects in the FS. Though there are a lot more, as it has not been updated for some time. You could discover many more in Washington DC, London, Paris, Africa, and update it for yourself or others. I also use Moodlogic to chose a mix of music to listen on flights, and have over 12000 tracks on my HD, so nothing ever repeats for hours. People only get bored, when their mind is not active. Keep thinking of different ways you use the FS or could, and share them with others, so you never get bored again.

Matt,Radar Contact v4 has an auto-reply option. It also has a co-pilot who can fly the aircraft for you but that is dependent on whether it has a default autopilot or sophisticated 3rd party one. It can't control aircraft with the latter.The whole ATC experience with Radar Contact is much more realistic. Click on the logo below to go to the RC website or visit us in our own forum further down the Avsim list.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This is possibly one of the best posts I've ever read on this forum.Keep in mind, I haven't read that many, but this is the best.