Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Royal Air Force adopts MSFS, including air crew training

46 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I use MSFS as actual training aid. Even at the current stage  it can offer a lot !

Absolutely. I always think about the benefit of MSFS for students and even licensed pilots to familiarize themselves with specific areas and key landmarks in parallel to reading the corresponding VFR sectional map. What a great asset to get acquainted with an area that you fly in for an actual flight test! I have used the sim in a few occasions in the past before landing at an airport for the first time and absolutely awesome for checking specific runway characteristics in relation to the geography/landscape. 

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

4 hours ago, Doering said:

Absolutely. I always think about the benefit of MSFS for students and even licensed pilots to familiarize themselves with specific areas and key landmarks in parallel to reading the corresponding VFR sectional map. What a great asset to get acquainted with an area that you fly in for an actual flight test! I have used the sim in a few occasions in the past before landing at an airport for the first time and absolutely awesome for checking specific runway characteristics in relation to the geography/landscape. 

I use it mostly for instrument stuff. In addition for VFR flight planning/flying,  it also great tools for explaining reverse area of commands, cross control stalls and etc  

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 hours ago, Doering said:

I'd agree to an extent, however, I have noticed among some of my trainees who come with sim experience but little to no real experience some bad habits as well. Most notably is the tendency to have their head stuck in the instruments instead of looking outside. In the GA world it's like driving a car spending most of your time looking at the speedometer.

• Upvote 1