Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

Is it possible to get FSM moving map to work with FSX

Is it possible to get FSM Moving Map program to work with FSX? If it is, how is it done? I tried to use FSM Moving map, SETUP, to point to the FSX directory but this did not work.Thanks,Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jim -Yes, it works like a charm, but I suspect the installer may not recognize FSX. If you already have it installed in FS9, FSX will find it, even in another partition.Be sure you have FSUIPC v4.11 or later (unregistered is OK).Also, it will not intgrate with the kneeboard, as in FS9. So ignore the setup option "Install in FS9 kneeboard".Still, it works fine as a separate window. Just remember that FSX must be run in windowed mode, not full-screen.Also watch the launch sequence -- FSX first, then MMLauncher.exe. You can reverse this, but then you will need to click "Reconnect" in the FSMMM setup menu.More info here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchJohn

John,THANKS for the information. Now it works as you said. I also went to the location you pointed me to and got the "alwaysontop" program working. Thanks again,JIm