Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JiBrady

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JiBrady

  1. UPDATE on this problem. This issue was with me for at least 2 days. I must have rebooted the computer at least 6 or more times. No fix, same problem. Then last night I turned on my computer, and was surprised to see that the problem was no longer there. It fixed itself! OK I think I have seen reports here that others have seen problems "go away" after several reboots. I can tell you I did nothing to explain the repair. It must be related to MSFS 2024 restarting several times. I can not explain how this issue happens, but for now it is gone. Thanks to everyone who has read the original report. Jim
  2. I have a problem with the Sovereign C680. I have msfs 2024 set to skip the walk around. When I enter the aircraft the first thing I see is that the outside windows have the outside sun covers on the windows. I have not scene this before. Then I select the EFB to have it pop open. The tablet seems to open, but it can not be found anywhere in the cockpit. Therefore I can not setup the C680 for flight. My guess is that the problem is with the Microsoft server downloading a broken aircraft. One time I did get this message: Error: Unexpected error. You cannot launch this flight and enter the sim. This maybe due to multiple reasons. Please try later. I have now seen this problem for 2 days. Any one else seeing this? Any suggestions that I might try? Thanks, Jim
  3. I think all settings have been reset. I have been flying the new citation sovereign for at about 2 weeks now. However , when I now start it up and select the EFB and ask to load my simbrief flight plan, it ask me to reset up the conection to simbrief (user ID etc). So far I see about 140 have read my post, only 1 other has reported seeing the same issue. I will wait to see if it can correct its self after a few restarts as suggested by Bigt.
  4. Just started MSFS 2024 after the server outage was over. MSFS 2024 started up as if It was the very first time I ever used it! It ask me to pick the image of what I wanted the pilot to look like! In other words everything has been set back as if I was a first time user! Has anyone else seen this. I don't want to start all over again. Jim
  5. I am on 2024 and only use auto response. Jim w6hxw
  6. I first noticed very slow response times from beyound ATC while on SU2. I am now on SU3 and the problem still is there. Anyone else seeing this issue? I use the auto response selection , I do not use a microphone. Sometimes it says "generating response" for a long time. Thanks, JIM w6hxw
  7. I had audio issues like you are describing. It turns out I had plugged in a usb memory stick. This usb stick is not usually installed. So I removed it and the audio cut out problem was gone! I have no idea how the memory stick could Cause this issue? jim w6hxw
  8. Just did a MSfs 2024 flight, no problems. jim
  9. What I see, if the barking brake is off, then the plane will push back and you can change its direction, however the tug remains not moving. Only the airplane moves. Jim
  10. Yes, I have also seen what you just described. jim
  11. Yes, I am using BATC. That must explain the issue. Thanks for this information. Jim w6hxw
  12. Sorry I forgot to mention I hear the noise only when viewing the taxi using the external, outside, view.
  13. I am on MSfs 2024 SU2. Store version. When I taxi away from the gate I hear a strange noise. I have tried a couple of different planes such as 787-10 and 737 max. Also tried different airports, makes no difference. Could this be a known issue or perhaps a problem on my system. Thanks Jim w6hxw
  14. I just download msfs 2024 SU2. I am a new user of this version. I can not see how to remove AI traffic parked at the airport gates. I have seen some instructions posted, but I suspect they they are for a early version then SU2. Can someone please tell me how to do this on SU2. Thanks, Jim w6hxw
  15. Sorry I should have said my problem started today after the mandatory MSFS 2020 update. I have not yet purchased MSfs 2024. Will consider purchasing it after MSfs 2024 SU2. Thanks, jim w6hxw
  16. With reguard to the PMDG 777-300 the problem i am seeing is that after starting I see R FLPRN and the R AIL are in the full up position. I can't get them to start in the correct position. I reinstalled the 777 but that did not help. I did not have this issue untill todays UPDATE.,\ Thanks, Jim W6HXW
  17. I am having issues with the pmdg 777 after todays update. Jim w6hxw
  18. Thanks for the answer to my question. jim w6hxw
  19. What does WASM stand for? I see a lot of people mention it in their coments. Thanks Jim w6hxw
  20. Same for me, can't get it to complete the checking for updates
  21. Just did my first flight. I have way to fast taxi speed with power pulled back to 8%, as low as I could get it to go.. Had to keep applying the brake, What might I be doing wrong? Thanks Jim B
  22. Yes, I understand that that the VS will turn off. But, I can not get the airplane to capture and hold a selected airspeed. I thought the idea was to use the IAS button to hold a steady speed during a climb or descent. This does not happen for me. jim
  23. OK Carenado told me that if the speed you select is below your current speed, then the aircraft will nose up so as to try to reduce the speed. Carenado said that is the way it should work! OK I have done some more testing. Level flight, steady speed. This time I selected a HIGHER speed thinking the plane would pitch down to gain speed. Nope, it pitched up and lost speed!. I also tried your idea by clicking on the pitch wheel. For me this made no difference either. The manual they provided says "IAS key- either ALT or VS should be on." I find it impossible to have either the ALT or the VS selected. As soon as I press the IAS button, it turns both the ALT and VS selection OFF.
  24. I guess it is time to submit a support ticket to Carenado. Jim
  25. I have installed the new version 2.0 of the sr22. I can not seem to get the IAS function to work. The manual says " IAS key- either ALT or VS should be on. I have found that if I turn on the IAS button, it turns OFF the VS or ALT selection. In fact pressing the IAS causes the plane to lose control and start a step climb. I have it trimmed out before pressing the IAS button. Bottom line it either does not work, or I do not understand how to use it. Any one else see how to use this function? Thanks, Jim

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.