Sign in to follow this  
DiscoSweat

GSXPro, where to park?

Trying to figure out how to navigate to the right gate I've selected on approach in GSXPro.

It doesn't seem like any of the options (often just "Gate 3" or "Gate 7") match up with any of the parking charts. Anyone have any tips for figuring out how to navigate to the right gate after touchdown? Totally assuming htis is user error on my end! But I'm tired of calling the follow me car every time, which only works about half the time anyways.

There isn't one.  The only thing you can do is look at your destination airport on the world map screen, zoom in to see the parking locations, mouse over the gate you want and note what it's called in the sim. 

Andrew Crowley

22 minutes ago, DiscoSweat said:

Trying to figure out how to navigate to the right gate I've selected on approach in GSXPro.

It doesn't seem like any of the options (often just "Gate 3" or "Gate 7") match up with any of the parking charts. Anyone have any tips for figuring out how to navigate to the right gate after touchdown? Totally assuming htis is user error on my end! But I'm tired of calling the follow me car every time, which only works about half the time anyways.

Payware airport, freeware airport, default airport…?
GSX reads what the airport developer gives them in the files, if they didn‘t use the correct gate numbers (or if it‘s a default airport), there‘s nothing you can do.

11 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

There isn't one.  The only thing you can do is look at your destination airport on the world map screen, zoom in to see the parking locations, mouse over the gate you want and note what it's called in the sim. 

Hugely helpful, thank you!

I have the same issue. The preflight and departure goes great with GSX but its always hit or miss on the arrival gates.

I am going to keep Little Nav Map open on my next flight and use that to pick a gate.

LNM should match GSX as they use the same MSFS data (two wrongs might make a right in this case).

We shall see.  

I usually duplicate RW flights, so I know both gates during the planning phase. It can be tricky with some airports (FT CYYZ comes to mind) and nearly all of the default airports since they have generic gate numbers generated by the AI that made the airport. I check the charts before the flight and find where the gate physically is, then when I start the MSFS flight planner and load my Simbrief flight, I can use the map screen to find my gate at the arrival airport to figure out what MSFS calls it.

The GSX follow me car works pretty well if you don't mind waiting for it to show up. Be sure to set the FM car speed up to the speed (and maybe +1 or 2 mph) that you normally taxi at so you don't get frustrated nearly running him over all the time.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440