Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Updated Sofia airport (LBSF) available for P3Dv4 & v5

2 hours ago, 787flyer said:

The only "fly in the ointment" is  when the walkway is created, typically from the terminal building door to the apron where the aircraft is parked at a stand, you have to route the walkway barrier across the vehicle pathway, thus virtually obstructing the airport traffic. It would be nice if Umberto would provide a feature in GSX just to remove that section of belt that connects between the two stanchions where it crosses the vehicle roadways.

I agree. We need a start position for the pax to exit the terminal and another start position where the walkway barrier starts preferably across the road as you say. I asked this but he hasn't replied yet.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28307.0.html

2 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Now I am on to my next "mini project". I am re-doing FSDT's Terminal E at Zürich and am removing the std CTRL-J gates and adding SODE gates to all the E gates.

That's a coincidence. I've just arrived at Zurich from Paris and had to resort to the horrible default jetways. I see Cartayna has a couple for the Aerosoft Zurich but mine is the FSDT one and for some unknown reason don't have GSX ones. Can I have your ini file when you've completed it please?

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I agree. We need a start position for the pax to exit the terminal and another start position where the walkway barrier starts preferably across the road as you say. I asked this but he hasn't replied yet.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28307.0.html

That's a coincidence. I've just arrived at Zurich from Paris and had to resort to the horrible default jetways. I see Cartayna has a couple for the Aerosoft Zurich but mine is the FSDT one and for some unknown reason don't have GSX ones. Can I have your ini file when you've completed it please?

Hi @Ray Proudfoot , thanks for the forum link. I'll take a look and see what the follow up is.

Re FSDT LSZH, yes of course. I made good progress today and have approx half the total # of gates added to Terminal E. More to do next weekend. I will let you know when it's done.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

15 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

thanks for the forum link. I'll take a look and see what the follow up

He’s said it’s not possible. ☹️

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I would also appreciate a GSX config for FSDT LSZH. It's a very old scenery but the gates and taxi ways are still more or less up to date.

On a different topic, has anyone tried the GSX update from November 11? I'm not going to install unless I know it won't break stuff!

23 hours ago, simfan1983 said:

I would also appreciate a GSX config for FSDT LSZH. It's a very old scenery but the gates and taxi ways are still more or less up to date.

On a different topic, has anyone tried the GSX update from November 11? I'm not going to install unless I know it won't break stuff!

I will post in the forum here when the GSX ini is completed. I also modified the FSDT AFCAD as I deleted the CTRL-J jetways that were added in this file.

Digression

Regarding the GSX update for Nov 11th, when I tried using GSX on Sunday morning (13th) , GSX was broken after another Live Update once more. I thought it was related to a single airport I had installed, but it turned out this affected multiple installed airports and you would get this annoying message indicating that that COUTL could not be started which would then leave GSX unusable. Anyway later on Sunday morning there was a quick fix announced for this.GSX for me is back and working again. The defect I am referring to is linked here: GSX forum post

BTW- I did not proceed with installing the latest update that came in late Sunday afternoon that also announced a whole slew of fixes for both the P3D and MSFS versions of GSX. e.g. there is now the ability to turn off the voices that announce the boarding process.I though it wise to give it a few days given the large number of new features introduced.

Edited by 787flyer
typo
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

I just got a notice from Simmarket saying there is a update for this scenery available.

Here is a list of the fixes and updates

- Fix that stops certain ground polygon squares from disappearing when still in view

- Certain changes to the grass

- Making tree and grass textures less transparent

- Fixes some floating objects

- added some flying birds

• Like 3

@Joseph29 Ah! Thank you for that post. I shall go to Simmarket and download the latest version which is timely because I shall be flying there tomorrow!

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

I know this is a old thread but can someone explain to me how to activate GSX for this airport. I have had the scenery and GSX for a while now but still not sure what to do.