Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Error On Build

I am getting an error PackageToolConfig version is too low in file (got 0, expected 2). Please update the XML file to correct version. How do I update the XML file to the correct version? I have looked all over and cannot figure it out.

All I am trying to do is edit trees around an airport so that its more realistic, but the first stage of building the package is throwing me errors that I do not understand.

Hi,

I got/saw this recently on a new test module I was throwing together. From what I can tell this has to do with the main/top level project XML file (the one that gets loaded into the project editor when in MSFS).

IIRC my issue was that I had path names in the `FolderName` and `PackagesMetadata` attributes of the top-level `Project` tag (to get the outputs into a sub-folder, didn't seem to work for other reasons as well). But maybe there is some other similar issue in your file.

The `Project` tag also has the `Version` attribute that (I think) the package tool is complaining about. It should say `Version="2"` in there.

HTH,
-Max

Edited by MaxPaperno

Sorry to drag up an old topic....

Trying to remove some trees around the approach end and windsock at MRDK.  Getting the same error message as the OP.

I'm using the tutorial below.  Any help is appreciated.  I just downloaded SDK today so I can't imagine it's an old version.

Thanks!

Edited by MNORM