Sign in to follow this  
Lotharen

New User Question

I broke down and purchased Pilot2ATC today and I've been trying to make a successful flight with no luck. I also purchased Navigraph and have updated all programs I use. I got Aivlasoft EFB to use for my 'charts' so to speak and updated that as well. I can make a flight plan, save it and load it in with no problem. I push back, taxi and take off with generally no issues. My issue is the default A320 stops following the flightplan. It seems to be loosing a waypoint and then doesnt update. This happened during my last flight after I clicked over to Aivlasoft. Could it be Pilot2ATC and Aivlasoft EFB don't play nice together? I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.

I'm sure its an error of some sort on my part. I've never used this level of programs and flying a Passenger jet to boot. I'm more used to GA aircraft. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Love the immersion so far. Hands down best ATC experience I've had. Got so tired of the stock ATC's constant handoff's. 

What you describe sounds like the plan in your A320 does not exactly match what's in P2A.

Sometimes, especially if there is no STAR in the plan, this can be caused by P2A's plan having the Approach in the plan from the start while the aircraft's FMS has a direct route to the airport until you load and activate the approach.  You can Uncheck the "Auto Load Recommended Procedures" option, be sure the "ATC Assigns Approach" option is checked and file the plan without the Approach in it.  

In any case, before you fly, be sure that each waypoint in P2A is in your FMS route and the routes match exactly.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much for your reply. I didnt think it may not match up properly between the two. Ill check next time. 

So I decided to try this again. I used msfs to program the a320, same sids and a direct approach and ils for my destination.

Im flying out of KATL, using runway 09L and the Plmmr3 sid. Again, once I got to the waypoint plmmr it just started going in circles. I checked the fms and it has soooo many more waypoints than what pilot2atc were showing. 

Pilot2atc work perfect. Its what ever this issue is autopilot. 

I guess Im going to need to figure out how to program the fms myself. I just wanted a quick start up to learn all the new programs before I delved into that complication lol.

If it were me, I would start by flying a few short flights with a GA single or twin engine aircraft to get familiar with the SIM, Pilit2ATC and other software you have.  Then take on programming the FMS and flying the airliner.  Each airplane has its quirks, but the GA aircraft should be easier to master.

Dave