Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Thrust Reverser button

Guest Redvan

Is it just me or is there no option to map a button on a HOTAS throttle as thrust reverser?

Guest Redvan

assign the button to F2? What do you mean? There is no "thrust reverser" in the commands that can be assigned buttons that I see... I would assign it to my throttle if I could assign it at all... I'm wondering if it's possible to assign, as I do not see it in the list of commands that can be assigned keys...

Guest zinja

From where I've looked, there is no button for it. On my CH yoke, when I land, I just cut the throttle, and hit switch assigned to F2 to engage it.It works the same as a button assignment as long as you have your throttle cut.

If the commands in fsX are different to fs9, then I'm sorry, my mistake. In fs9 F2 is the reverser, but they call it...Decrease Throttle Quickly... I can assign it to any button I wish on the throttle or stick. Maybe I misunderstood what you're asking.Russell.

Hi,I do my thrust reversing this way for the HOTAS:Rem ----------------- THROTTLE STATEMENTS ---------------------Rem Reverse Thrust is applied when throttle below lower detent and T9 PressedREM THR 5 2 (0 5 10) X6 X4REM BTN X6 /P LOCK (THR,0%) /R UNLOCK (THR)DEF X3 (T9 AND (NOT S3) )BTN X3 /P LOCK (THR,0%) MinThrottle KD (ThrottleDecrease) /R KU(ThrottleDecrease) MinThrottle UNLOCK(THR)Works for me.John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest stevehow

Hiif you go into the control settings and scroll down until you see ...Throttle(decrease quickly) you can map this key to a button on your Hotas throttle,this will do the trick.i use it on my Chproducts throttle and map a button on that .also have to move the Repeat slider to far right.now when you advance throttle the reverse throttle levers will disengage.make sure that you select you Hotas throttle from the list in the Box marked controller types... cheers steve

Guest Redvan

ahH! what rushblag said makes sense now! So you're saying F2 "decreases throttle quickly", so when pressed (held or taped?) it'll initiate thrust reversers. Am I understanding correctly?So I could essentially map a throttle button to "F2" and it'd do the trick?Yellow I'll have to try your method too.Thanks for the tips!

Yes, you've got it Redvan. Assignments / engine commands. Scroll down to decrease throttle quickly, click change, then press the button you want to use on your throttle, click OK and you should be good to go.Russell.

Whoops, I left my last post a little short, the macros were:ThrottleDecrease = SHF (normally F2 I think)MinThrottle = F1I have remapped some of my FSX keys so find the functions in yor FSX and then use your own keys for the macros.I use T9 for reverse thrust because it is spring loaded and I just have to let go of it to stop reverse thrust. The KD and KU operations do of course stand for Keypress Down and Keypress Up. There were a couple of experimental lines in my first post. The operative code is:DEF X3 (T9 AND (NOT S3) )BTN X3 /P LOCK (THR,0%) MinThrottle KD (ThrottleDecrease) /R KU(ThrottleDecrease) MinThrottle UNLOCK(THR)John

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest Redvan

So is there a way to advance the throttle with TR activated? Every time I activate my TR, then try to put more power into it, it deactivates the TR. Technically you should be able to advance the throttle with TR activated to add more "slow down" power, correct?

Every time I activate my TR, then try to put more power into it, it deactivates the TR. Technically you should be able to advance the throttle with TR activated to add more "slow down" power, correct?In the real world - maybe - in FS - No.The reverse function is tied to the F2 key being HELD down. As it is held down - or the button is held, the throttle automatically applies more power to the thrust reverser up to the limit defined in the aircraft flight dynamics.I also find that after releasing the F2 key, or the button on my CH Products yoke, I have to 'burp' the throttle to drop it back down to idle.In FSX my procedure has to be:1. Idle/ cut the throttle2. Hold down the thrust reverser until I'm finishes with it3. Move the throttle up and down quickly to bring it back to idle