Sign in to follow this  
FlyingGoose

Fenix Autopilot keeps failing - SU 11 Beta

No idea why this is happening. I have checked my joystick settings, used a different joystick, all of that. Is this a Beta issue?

Symptoms are

1. When I take off, I can enable AP, but within a minute I get an AP Failure or a TOGA LOCK annunciation.

2. No matter what I do, I can't get it to reset AP. I turn off auto throttle, reset the flight directors, but the AP just does not turn on. 

Again, this is not something that happened before. Could be a beta issue, but I haven't seen anyone else complaining so throwing this out there - any ideas?

From what I gathered it's not compatible with the SU 11 beta.

I've been using the Fenix in SU11 (DX11) all week. She flies fine.

Any chance you have a key bound to AP off? When you say "Checked joystick settings", did you mean in the MCDU or in MSFS controls? Or both?

Try setting a larger null zone in the MCDU joystick config.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Being in the beta has no real value, especially if you treasure compatible programs and having a stable platform to work with. I would recommend backing up your community folder and msfs.cfg and user.cfg files and then opt out of the beta.

• Like 1