Sign in to follow this  
Guest dongdongliushui

A list of 1.2m resolution scenery built in FSX?

Guest dongdongliushui

Dear friends here, this is the first time I'm treated to the glorious graphics of the great FSX. All the more exciting for me since I"m running it on my poor old P4 3.0 and 7300 gts 128mb card with very playable frame rate with autogen, traffic, clouds etc turned off.First I choose the default free flight "Harbour Tour". I almost shed tears. I'd definitely say this photographic scenery is 1.2m resulution since I can spot cars on the road.Then I randomly choose a free flight above New York. Photographic scenery again! And I'm pretty certain the ground texture is also 1.2m resolution.Now I'm intrigued. I'm anxious to know how many 1.2m photographic sceneries are built in FSX. It would be great if there is a list. Any information on that? If there are more than 5 places like Harbour Tour or New York, I will hold off buying third party 1.2m sceneries for a while until I'm bored.

Guest dongdongliushui

Well, I might be wrong. These are not real photographic sceneries, but generative ones. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest RonB49

>Well, I might be wrong. These are not real photographic>sceneries, but generative ones. Correct me if I'm wrong.I believe that you are correct. Therefore, anywhere that you go will provide that same resolution. The differnce between this and photoreal scenery is that, with FSX standard scenery, you cannot pick out familiar buildings, bridges, etc, unless they just happen to be modeled in FSX. Some sports stadia, state capitols, and some landmark buildings and bridges are included in FSX.As someone on this forum said, it looks great as long as you don't try to find features in your own neighborhood. Your house won't be there.R-

Guest dongdongliushui

Thank you,RonB49.Now I'm very disappointed. I like realism over beauty. I want to spot the roads I walked on and the woods I stayed in. Microsoft really should provide us with at least one or two real spots as showcases. They are lazy.

>Microsoft really should provide us with at least one or two>real spots as showcases. They are lazy. Talk like that isn't going to get you very far in here. As much as many of us would like certain features in FS, the majority of us don't think MS is LAZY because they didn't tickle our particular fancy!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11