Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2308

Not enough hard drive space to install...

Went to install the latest update tonite and its telling me "not enough space to install". If I could get into the Content Manager I'm sure I could delete some stuff there such as different scenery areas and such, but I cannot get past this point of the mandatory update and it closes down back to the desktop.

Is there any hope for me? LOL   Thank You

If you have anything else on that drive, maybe you could delete it? Or is it purely the sim?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

If you have anything else on that drive, maybe you could delete it? Or is it purely the sim?

Thanks for the reply...I have 32.7 gig free on "c" drive....I guess I could hunt around and free up some stuff but I doubt it would be gigs..I wish I could get into Content Manager within the sim but NO JOY....

How much space do you figure I need free? Thank You

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simmer2308 said:

Thanks for the reply...I have 32.7 gig free on "c" drive....I guess I could hunt around and free up some stuff but I doubt it would be gigs..I wish I could get into Content Manager within the sim but NO JOY....

How much space do you figure I need free? Thank You

I believe it's about 42 GB, let's say 43 GB to be sure. The installation files are about half that, but after unpacking everything it gets to about 42. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

Same boat, ended up getting a new 1TB SSD.  

Bad news is that I had to do a total reinstall.  Still waiting on it to finish.

• Like 1

Duane Buck

Yep I only have 35 GB left on my 500 GB M.2 SSD drive where I keep Flight Simulator and addons. Might have to buy a bigger one as well. 

10 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Yep I only have 35 GB left on my 500 GB M.2 SSD drive where I keep Flight Simulator and addons. Might have to buy a bigger one as well. 

After hunting around "c" drive and deleting some files, I went from 32.7 to 42.8 free..I will keep looking...Thanks for the responses! Also, I can free up more space from Content Manager once the sim lets me in...Correct?

Edited by Simmer2308
addition
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simmer2308 said:

After hunting around "c" drive and deleting some files, I went from 32.7 to 42.8 free..I will keep looking...Thanks for the responses! Also, I can free up more space from Content Manager once the sim lets me in...Correct?

That is correct, you can remove stuff you don't need or want in Content Manager. 🙂

18 minutes ago, webranger said:

Same boat, ended up getting a new 1TB SSD.  

Bad news is that I had to do a total reinstall.  Still waiting on it to finish.

Good Luck...Happy Flying!

4 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

That is correct, you can remove stuff you don't need or want in Content Manager. 🙂

Thanks Buddy....Im up to 45.8 gigs free....LOL

• Like 1

Just now, Simmer2308 said:

Thanks Buddy....Im up to 45.8 gigs free....LOL

Well that should be enough 🙂 Maybe I'd do a restart on the computer before trying to install again. 
Also keep in mind, there's some server issues today, but might have been solved by now. Good luck!

All the bloat that I deleted in Content manager, so far has to be around 45 GIGs or more. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

41 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Well that should be enough 🙂 Maybe I'd do a restart on the computer before trying to install again. 
Also keep in mind, there's some server issues today, but might have been solved by now. Good luck!

It was successful...I have the new update. It was 41.69 gigs. That might help someone else. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

All the bloat that I deleted in Content manager, so far has to be around 45 GIGs or more. 

Thanks for the response Bob. Do you know of some things that are safe to delete there? Thanks...The reason I ask is that the next update for MSFS I will be surely screwed...LOL

Don't forget that you also need to have at least 150 GB on your main drive to run the sim.