Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

CESSNA 172 ROLLING MOVEMENT WITH AP

Hi, everyone,

Since the last beta update I've been noticed a rolling movement with the Cessna 172 with the AP on (no wind, no clouds, no matter what weather). The movement is left and right alternately, that is, the wings are raised a little first the one on the right, then the one on the left. That happens constantly.

The movement disappears when I disable the AP.

Anybody has experienced that?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by John Fields

Solved!

It was the last update of FSRealistic. I uninstalled the app and everything was back to normal.

Sorry to bother you.

Regards.

Edited by John Fields
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Solved!

It was the last update of FSRealistic. I uninstalled the app and everything was back to normal.

Sorry to bother you.

Regards.

No problem John, and it is useful information anyway.  A couple of questions...

1.  Was it FSRealistic v 2.1.1?, and,

2.  Rather than uninstall it, did you try turning down the turbulence effect on the slider first? 

As it is quite a good app for the other effects I find, but I do have to tweak the strength of some of the effects down to about 50% for me.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Thanks for posting this, I was about to do the same. However, I'm still having the issue and I do not have FS Realistic, so there must be more than one cause. Anyone else?

Update: Just completed a new flight and did not experience the rocking issue. Go figure, can't explain that. I'll report back if it starts again. 🙂

Edited by BaronKen
  • Like 1

Ken

Hi, again!

It's not FSRealistic! I was completely wrong!

The issue is back, with or without FSRealistic.

I think it is related to clouds and wind layers, but once the trouble starts, and I remove any type of weather, the rolling continues. I have to end the flight and start another one again without any kind of weather in order to fly without the issue (but I'm not completely sure, I have to do more testing!).

Furthermore, I think, as I thought at first, it's a bug from the last beta update.

Regards.

Maybe it is to do with the latest CFD updates, taking into account propwash etc.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

Hi, again!

It's not FSRealistic! I was completely wrong!

The issue is back, with or without FSRealistic.

I think it is related to clouds and wind layers, but once the trouble starts, and I remove any type of weather, the rolling continues. I have to end the flight and start another one again without any kind of weather in order to fly without the issue (but I'm not completely sure, I have to do more testing!).

Furthermore, I think, as I thought at first, it's a bug from the last beta update.

Regards.

Hi John,

Experienced the same issue on my last C172 (Asobo) flight in CRZ: try to reduce RPM (stay in the low Garmin's green arc), you'll see the rocking disappear.

Hope it helps, cheers.

Edited by ffantasy67
  • Like 2

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

11 minutes ago, ffantasy67 said:

Hi John,

Experienced the same issue on my last C172 (Asobo) flight in CRZ: try to reduce RPM (stay in the low Garmin's green arc), you'll see the rocking disappear.

Hope it helps, cheers.

Hi, fantasy 67,

I'll try it, but I think I reduced RPM in one or two flights yesterday and the issue didn't disappear. Anyway, is the rocking a normal behaviour?

Regards

2 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi, fantasy 67,

I'll try it, but I think I reduced RPM in one or two flights yesterday and the issue didn't disappear. Anyway, is the rocking a normal behaviour?

Regards

Hi Jonh,

AFAIK not normal, but I'm definitely not a propellers kind of simmer (big boring tubes in VAs for me). Roll wobbling/rocking stopped after I reduced RPM, almost instantaneously.

Good luck.

Max

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX