Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Blacksquare King Air Battery Issues

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

This is off topic but BlackSquare is busy making steam gauge versions of two more default MSFS planes: The Bonanza and the Baron to join their King Air and Caravan. Just Flight says they will be releasing 'soon'. 

They also teased a TBM 850 at the very end of that video, which is the one I'm most looking forward to. It might also be their first addon with a custom exterior model, as there is no TBM 850 natively within the sim - exciting times.

• Like 1

Mr Moss
---------------------------------
🛩️ UK PPL(A)
🖥️ MSFS & Prepar3D v5
🗺️ Southern England

9 hours ago, Fielder said:

This is off topic but BlackSquare is busy making steam gauge versions of two more default MSFS planes: The Bonanza and the Baron to join their King Air and Caravan. Just Flight says they will be releasing 'soon'. 

Instead of Black Square getting new conversions ones out they should first update their King Air to make it work how it should.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, roland said:

Instead of Black Square getting new conversions ones out they should first update their King Air to make it work how it should.

I agree to a large extent with this sentiment. While I certainly appreciate all the projects they are working on and will likely purchase more from them I can't help but notice how long overdue some Kingair fixes have been.

Edited by hangar

I have a question about the different procedures for battery start vs ext.power start:

In the checklist for battery start first the right engine is started, for the ext. power start the left engine is started first. Is there a special reason for this ?

Just an educated guess, but maybe for a battery start, the right engine is closer to the battery, which helps with the start. For a ground power start, the ground power unit plugs in on the right hand side, which would mean staring the left engine first, with ground power, then allow the GPU to be removed, and the left generator to supply power, before starting the right engine?

Eugene

3 hours ago, Overload said:

Just an educated guess, but maybe for a battery start, the right engine is closer to the battery, which helps with the start. For a ground power start, the ground power unit plugs in on the right hand side, which would mean staring the left engine first, with ground power, then allow the GPU to be removed, and the left generator to supply power, before starting the right engine?

Eugene

Yes, this would make sense !  Thanks for your reply