Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

PSTX Learner Question

Why is it that if i am running a 3rd party payware airport, sometimes in learner it will say MSFS Stock airport, even though i am not using stock.  Is that an issue or something I should ignore?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

7 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Is that an issue or something I should ignore?

No, you should not.

Did you generate an airport file for your third party airport by pushing the Airports button after installing the airport?

If so, do you see an .xml file for that airport in PSXT_MSFS\thirdparty_airports?

4 hours ago, kiek said:

No, you should not.

Did you generate an airport file for your third party airport by pushing the Airports button after installing the airport?

If so, do you see an .xml file for that airport in PSXT_MSFS\thirdparty_airports?

Airport button?  I have never done that.  Where is it?  I don't see an airport button in Learner or Real Traffic.  What is weird is that some 3rd party airports get recognized but some don't, but I've never hit a button.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Where is PSXT_MSFS\thirdparty_airports located?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

50 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Airport button?  I have never done that.  Where is it?  I don't see an airport button in Learner or Real Traffic.

You definitely need a pair of glasses I think 😉 It is the grey Airports button in the Scan for: line in the GUI of PSXT_MSFS

AAny help would be appreciated. 

I have produced a Manual, in which  you can find all this, section 6.1 details the scanning for airports, and in red that you have to push that button after you have installed a new addon airport!

Where is PSXT_MSFS\thirdparty_airports located?

What do you think? It is a subfolder of your installation folder for PSXT_MSFS, again  READ THE MANUAL, section 2.1 ..............................................

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

You definitely need a pair of glasses I think 😉 It is the grey Airports button in the Scan for: line in the GUI of PSXT_MSFS

I have produced a Manual, in which  you can find all this, section 6.1 details the scanning for airports, and in red that you have to push that button after you have installed a new addon airport!

What do you think? It is a subfolder of your installation folder for PSXT_MSFS, again  READ THE MANUAL, section 2.1 ..............................................

I will re read the manual.. I was in Learner, that is why i didn't see the grey airport button. 

I will READ the manual - there, FIFY.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

40 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I will re read the manual.. I was in Learner, that is why i didn't see the grey airport button. 

Learner is a simplified version of PSXT, you can use it for learning already existing airports at your end only, not for scanning liveries or airports.

The main program is PSXT...