Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Looking at getting the LG 42in C2

Currently I’m using my a Sony 43in X800D 4K@60hz TV and a Nvidia 3090. I was able to obtain a 4090 and now I want to look at a TV with a higher refresh rate. I see some are using the older C1. Is anyone using a C2 and if so how do you like it? From all the reviews it looks positive. I did read that some older video cards are unable to support the 120mhz and there was talk about the auto dimming. If someone could go into more detail on their C2 usage and the auto dimming I would appreciate it.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Currently I’m using my a Sony 43in X800D 4K@60hz TV and a Nvidia 3090. I was able to obtain a 4090 and now I want to look at a TV with a higher refresh rate. I see some are using the older C1. Is anyone using a C2 and if so how do you like it? From all the reviews it looks positive. I did read that some older video cards are unable to support the 120mhz and there was talk about the auto dimming. If someone could go into more detail on their C2 usage and the auto dimming I would appreciate it.

I would say this, there is a big issue that made me return the unit. As you pointed out, this auto-dimming is the problem. From the normal menu you not gonna be able to turn it off, you will need to buy the "Factory SVC Remote" for about $10 to adjust this dimming issue. Unfortunately, you will still experience the problem, a slight dimming issue. Just a very important fact to be taken into consideration, if you go and use that remote and change that setting it will void the warranty. Actually you can find some videos on youtube on how to do it with that disclaimer.
Please, search the net, I would stay away from it.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I bought the LG OLED48C22LB a few days ago. The TV was on sale.

So far I haven't noticed the issue of diming and I'm very satisfied. The image quality is of course stunning. In addition, I finally managed to get the flight simulator running smoothly at around 40 to 50 FPS without the image quality suffering. Of course, I only decided on an OLED because of the ingenious black, otherwise it would have been a QLED. The 2080ti runs at 4k at 60Hz. If I later switch to a larger card, the 120Hz are also possible.

Like I said, I haven't noticed anything negative. I do not regret the purchase

• Like 1

i7-10700k - MSI RTX 2080ti - LG OLEDC2

• Like 1

I have the C1 and the dimming issue isn't a problem. If I let the screen be idle and go away for a few minutes it will dim abit but I have never had it dim while flying or any thing else. I would suggest having a dark room for best results. I only use this with my flight sim as I don't do anything else with this computer so I cant say how it performs or doesn't doing regular desktop stuff.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Some good info here if you decide to get it.

• Like 2

Thanks for the video and the info. I think I’ll go with the 48in as I only flightsim on the PC, I have a separate gaming system for other task. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Why 48 go 55in... I bought a couple weeks ago is Awesome.   Finally gsync movement and great looks no problems with dimming in fact, when I read this I didn't know I had a problem... I don't think I do. C2 is recommended

Cheers Great T V

28 minutes ago, sluihn said:

Why 48 go 55in... I bought a couple weeks ago is Awesome.   Finally gsync movement and great looks no problems with dimming in fact, when I read this I didn't know I had a problem... I don't think I do. C2 is recommended

Cheers Great T V

Desk space limits the size I can get.

Dan

From the movie JAWS!!!  "I think were gonna need a bigger boat"  get a bigger desk. lol   I am a samsung guy... but the LG C2 55 has blown that 'sumption away. No matter what size screen you get I think you will be happy.

Merry Holidays... Safe Travels

• Like 1

FYI - LG just announced 240hz OLED monitors, including a 45 inch 21:9 model that looks amazing.

https://www.engadget.com/lg-ultra-gear-gaming-monitors-hands-on-setting-a-new-bar-for-oled-refresh-rates-153046589.html

I have the 21:9 Alienware OLED and the combination of high refresh, widescreen and HDR from OLED is hard to beat. The 45” LG is the first serious competition I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the advice. I took a high end laptop with me to BestBuy so I could check out both he 42 and the 48 LG C2. After spending an hour testing out both displays and going over the measurements of my IKEA desk I decided to go with the 42in version of the LG C2. Before I went to BB I actually cut out the monitor sizes using card board boxes to see which one I would like best. For me the 42 works best for my home setup. After following the setup video linked above and adding my own personal preferences I’m extremely happy with the LG C2. Setup was easy and the TV detected the PC right away so I didn’t have to make a lot of changes. Coming from a Sony x800D LED the image is so much different in MSFS2020. I’ve done a day and night flight and the colors are amazing. I can’t wait to pick up the 4090 this week and see how well they perform together. The 120hz works great and I no longer have to worry about being restricted on a 60hz TV.

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan