Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Survey Results.

2 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Forces + moments on the same elements. Still waiting for some fundamental physics from you.

I dont know how they incorporate forces and moments per surface because the essay does not tell how they do it. Consider it as Asobos little secret. They don't owe you or me a deeper explanation. I just know that the result is convincing and praised by many real world pilots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

There's no way to bypass the core MSFS aerodynamics model and be completely external of it

"Our flight models are custom already. We are not relying to the default MSFS."

You either believe the forces and the knobs to turn, or you don't and inject your own in some form. I'm not sure how else to interpret their statement. Clearly they know of a way to do something drastic.

Now, about the survey: I was very surprised to see the number of flight-simmers-on-xbox owners fell 10% from last year? That's a big jump year on year.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

7 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

I dont know how they incorporate forces and moments per surface

I hear you. The only thing I can conclude is that they don't believe the force estimates on the elements and are trying to correct them with the moments. Or maybe vice versa? Or maybe they don't believe either and are squishing them both until they match the FSX tables (SDK/essay talking again there) because that's the only (somewhat) realistic aspect of the model?

Edited by blingthinger

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

40 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

But how about that survey...Asobo has taken over the world! Congratulations!

Thank you. But there's no need to congratulate me... I didn't participate in the survey.

Another round and round they go.

Locked so you guys can go enjoy your holiday with friends and family instead of arguing here about which is better. 

Happy Holidays🌲🌲🌲

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator