Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

How to get Spartan in FSX?

I want to fly Milton Shupe's Executive Spartan in FSX. How do I get it there when it's an FS9 plane? I tried last night, and put the aircraft folder into the SimObject/Airplane folder and the effects in the Effects folder...but it doesn't show up in FSX. I guess I wouldn't have a thumbnail either. What's your advice on this? I really miss this wonderful plane. Stan

Guest CocoLoco

StanI did manage to get this plane working in FSX but I'm not at my old FSX PC right now. I think you might need to create a separate Aircraft folder at the root of your FSX install and add the Spartan to that. You then need to add this directory to the FSX search path in fsx.cfg by adding the last line of the following (search for SimObjectPaths.5 to find the right location):SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscSimObjectPaths.6=AircraftThe above folder addition is very helpful when installing other FS9 planes since you can often just point the FS9 installer at the root of the FSX directory and it will put everything in the right place.There are a few problems with old gauges and the odd line needs adding to the aircraft.cfg file for the Spartan. Make sure it has an entry for each of the following (and add where they are missing). As you can tell, I've borrowed the entries from the DC3 but it should give you the right idea. I think if some of these entries are not there, it does not show up in the plane viewer.ui_manufacturer="Douglas"ui_type="DC-3"ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"You will need to create your own thumbnail as well (or I could send you mine when I get back to my old FSX installation in about a week or so). That's all I can remember right now but hopefully it will give you enough to go on. It's definitely possible to get it running in FSX.Good luck!David

I had no problem getting it to run on FSX.Download this file:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Alvega,Thank you. Your solution made the Spartan appear and work. My appreciation. Stan

Hi,In the next day or so I'll be finishing up a newsletter in which one of the articles is a spotlight on Milton's team and their aircraft, and I include links to downloads which, if the contents are copied over an installation of each of the aircraft, will update them for use in FSX (without any warnings, adds thumbnails, etc.). The newsletter is meant for people who are new to Flight Simulator, and the events calendar is meant for people who live in New England, USA, but it's got some good information, including the first installment of a series I'll be writing on how to update aircraft from previous versions for use in FSX.I'm still working on the newsletter and the FSX Update files (I need to create the instructions for installation), but the basic files you need for updating the aircraft are compiled in zip files for many of the Shupe aircraft, and you should be able to figure out what goes where, just copy the files from my updates over an installation of the aircraft to your FSX directory. I include a link to the files you'll need to download and install first on the page containing the links to the updates.You can read the newsletter at http://www.flyingscool.com/Newsletter/FlyingsCoolV01-01.htmI'll add a reply here in a day or so when the Newsletter articles and the Shupe FSX update files are finished for those who would prefer to have the installation instructions.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

You're welcome. ;-)

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White