On 1/7/2023 at 7:52 AM, Dazkent said:

Thanks for all the input guys.

I think it will be a case of wait and see what the requirments are like for P3D V6 and take it from there. I am hoping that my 2080 will last for a few more years to come. I really don't fancy "selling a kidney" towards the cost of a new graphics card.

Mike, I just replaced my 8 gig 2080 that I've had for the better part of 4 years with a 20 gig 8900XT. Christmas gift to myself.

The 2080 still handled everything fine with the exception of once in a while running out of vram with P3dV5 in a few places but it was no big deal. ALT Z will give you a line of data where you can monitor vram usage and see where the geographic areas in p3d are that will possibly cause a problem and you can plan accordingly.

Should be some pre-owned 2080 around at a good price. I'm selling my 2080 + 750w power supply for $300 Cdn to give you an example (Mods - this is for info purposes only, not an offer to sell here). Hopefully who is experiencing these tighter times can move up and enjoy the card affordably.

I would be in no hurry to replace your 2080.

• Like 1