Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

iFly 747

Guest mluo

>Thanks. That's the deal. >>I prefer my rollertrays and beartraps to carpet. Easier to>maintain. Don't have to deal with all those pesky pax either.>>>Just ran an approach to LAX. My system was a bit overwhelmed>with 5 FPS over the threshold in the Vcockpit. The AFS was>kicking 'round between vertical modes when it shouldn't have>and there were some little things during the approach>sequence, but generally it was all there. What a pleasure to>finally get to fly a 'real' PFD/ND in FSX. This'll just have>to do 'till PMDG releases.>>Any good guesses on what SidStar package iFly uses . . . if>any? iFly uses SID/STAR cycle built by planepath (http://planepath.com/). However, it has limited coverage (only US, UK, Ireland, and Scotland) for terminal procedures. For some reason, the iFly's page can not be accessed. But you can still download the cycle at following link: http://planepath.com/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi...edures_0707.exe

Guest fbespeleta

Hi,is iFly FSX compatible? Will there be any VC available for this one?thanks.

Guest fbespeleta

im so ignorant...i didnt know that ang fsx version has been released! :)well, congratulations! thanks to the team who created iFly 747.

Guest tcable

Autostart in the 744 is quite simple. Then again, so is a manual startCopied from a now outdated, 744 AOM. Assuming that you have air, fuel and electricity properly configured:*********Engine Start ProcedureNormal start sequence is 4, 3, 2, 1.Two engines may be started simultaneously.Captain First OfficerCall

I am still struggling here with no panels.I have installed and re-installed the ifly747, and both the FSUIPC version that comes with it, and the latest version from Mr Dowson's website. Unregistered, both. No cheat warez codes.I've tried cycling the 2D cockpits. I've reset the default Settings to 2d, too, and tried again.I have the Level D 767 working without a problem (even with Vatsim/FSInn) so I don't think it's a simple config. issue.Any help, please? I can wait till the "big" payware 747 comes out, but I'd love to try this first!

Paul Skol

Fixed.Sure enough it was a FSUIPC problem. I had somehow managed to "untrust" FSUIPC. I deleted that in Internet Options/Content/Publishers (in IE), reinstalled FSUIPC and marked it as "always run" when FSX spotted the new .dll.Hope that helps someone else, at least.

Paul Skol

One of my key favorites in FS9. Now the love for this contribution continues in FSX.Just moved my saved FS9 flight plans over into FSX and cranked up a flight from KJFK-LLBG. Everything works just like it always has, (GREAT!). I am getting a continual "Monitor Vertical Speed" Audio warning that I don't seem to be able to get rid of. Checked the manual briefly but have not found that item yet. Anybody else had this and know a quick solution?Thanks so much iFly guys.RTH

Pretty much like the FS9 bird near as I can tell.Only thing I see that could stand a little attention so far is at low altitudes @ 250 knots, she tends to hunt the altitude with the old yo yo bit. In a climb or descent this is no problem. (Yea I know, who flys a 747-400 @ 4,000' MSL?) A little autopilot tuneing in the aircraft.cfg might cure this.My "Monitor vertical speed" alarm quit, and I really do not know why. It continued in level flight, climbs at all rates (controlled by the CDU setup) until I reached an altitude of somewhere aroung 20,000 feet. I see the alarm listed in the manual, but have not found what I am doing wrong to cause it yet.VNAV was controlling the rate of climb.This bird is not just a keeper, but a PRIZE IMHO. (Always was). My saved flightplans from FS9 seem to work perfectly.Respectfully:RTHEdit:A couple of things I might add which are not too important to me personally, but I am curious. They never have affected anything that I could tell.Both in FSX and FS9 with long flights like KJFK-LLBG I have always had warning messages in my CDU which state "Insufficient Fuel" and "MAX ALT FLNNN". I never have really understood why I get these. My fuel load is more than sufficient for my flight (including alternate and reserve loading), and I have a dandy reserve after landing, but the messages are still there. Not too clear on the FLNNN bit either.

Guest sunbear

Just now downloaded the ifly747 and cannot get the PFD or ND to display. Any suggestions?jack

Guest D17S

I would imagine hand flying one of these beasts IRL is more like steering an oil tanker. Generally, our simming experience will be limited to a default airplane or PMDG's rendition. Does either one duplicate reality. Boy, sure wish I knew! That said, the iFly 744 feels light compared to PMDG's offering. Both Roll and pitch rates are very quick. VR really pops pitch to a flying attitude. I really appreciate that extra couple of degrees/sec in roll as I'm desperately trying to save final after blowing that final turn into VHHX. Automations and systems are the heart of these massive transports (the AFS pitch modes really meed some attention), but sometimes its fun to take the wheel. 744s are not about aerobatics. Manual flight controlling is more about anticipation. For instance, I've managed to capture GS and (for the moment!) I'm dot-on. How much float will this next notch of flaps cause? Gotta have a feel for that. As the next flap setting is selected, if a pilot is not already trimming GS will go dot(s?) off. Those are the very sensitive times that I feel the lightness. Which is right? Who knows, but this is a different airplane. I think it might have a bit of P-51 in its family tree, back there somewhere. That it can be compared to the PMDG airplane at all is a tribute. Nice job.

Guest sunbear

Anybody have any ideas on why my PFD & ND do not work? Should I remove the program and start over with a fresh install!!!jack

Hello Jack:I had no problems at all with the PFD & ND or anything else with my installation.Forgive me for asking, but did everything else light up? Are you sure you have electrical power to your Avionics? Check to see if anything electrical is still off in your Overhead panel.Are you looking at the 2D, virtual, or both cockpits and are they missing in both?Also check that there is nothing obvious that is buggy with the following in your "Window 01::"gauge02=iFly747-400!PFD, 116, 484,207,196,CAPT""gauge10=iFly747-400!ND,353,484,207,196,CAPT"or in "Window 02":"gauge01=iFly747-400!PFD, 623, 483,207,196,FO""gauge10=iFly747-400!ND FO, 386,483,207,196,FO"I am assuming that the "iFly747-400.gau" is in your root gauge directory being that you imply that all other gauges are lighting up with no problem. You could try including this gauge in your panel folders, but it is not there in my installation and she works flawlessly.If all of this seems in order, I don't see why these two gauges are not visable. Maybe a reinstall would be in orderBest of luck. I wish I had an answer for you:RTH

Guest sunbear

Ok guys here's my situation. I have removed ifly from the control panel and downloaded the ifly for fsx once again to no avail. I will tell you that the overhead gen's are 'ON' and everything that is on the OH panel looks perfect. All engines are running and all other panels including the throttle quad with radios is running correctly.I'm not sure what needs to be done to get the PFD and ND to light up.Any suggestions would be most welcomed at this point.jack