Sign in to follow this  
Ramberga

Pilot2ATC is a spectacular program worth every penny

As a retired computer science prof and GA pilot flying the C172 and C182 planes in the 90s, I have been using P2ATC for a few years now. Renting a plane is out of my budget, so sim flying is my way of enjoying the skies these days.

My main focus is trying to replicate the navigation and communication routine that I used to do when flying for real. Although scenery is lovely, being able to simulate the "human interactions" while flying is what makes Pilot2ATC so impressive for me.

With all of its maps and flight planning and so on, I find that simply minimizing the main screen of Pilot2ATC and letting it do its work in the background to be its strength. It is an immersive experience to navigate and communicate with the controllers, just like in real life. - and have nothing other than X-Plane or MSFS being used for the visuals. Talking and listening and navigating while flying; that's Utopia for me.

Adding ATC chatter and extra controller voices only adds to the realism. I love it.

Artificial intelligence is a beast - a real beast - to simulate. With the myriad possibilities, exceptions and the like in human thinking, AI is as complex as it gets. Pilot2ATC shines in this regard. With each release or beta update, previously unseen issues are resolved and the program keeps getting better. And better.

If you are on the fence about using Pilot2ATC, try it for free for a week. Dave - the owner and chief programmer - has hit a home run with this product. It is his passion, his knowledge, experience, programming expertise and willingness to listen to the sim community that is so outstanding.

Nice going, Dave...

A huge P2ATC fan,

Pete

Edited by Ramberga
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Lon33 said:

^^^^ I concur with what Pete said.

Thanks Lon. How do you use P2ATC??

Spread the word!

Pete

I use it to preview flights I’ve planned for a real-world plane that I rent and to practice loading and flying IFR clearances and approaches.  

@Ramberga

I fully agree with your judgement.

I use the Sayit variant because I use the program without a microphone (I don't like the microphone that much).

What I would like to emphasize is that Dave has been providing super fast, constructive, good support for years. For me it is state of the art in terms of support.

Regards

dhondt/ikarus6

On 2/1/2023 at 1:53 AM, dhondt said:

@Ramberga

I fully agree with your judgement.

I use the Sayit variant because I use the program without a microphone (I don't like the microphone that much).

What I would like to emphasize is that Dave has been providing super fast, constructive, good support for years. For me it is state of the art in terms of support.

Regards

dhondt/ikarus6

Totally agree. His passion for the product shows in his support. I usually use P2A for IFR flights, but have been trying out VFR without a flight plan lately. He has nailed it. Immersive, real-to-life.

Edited by Ramberga