Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimnovice1

Poor Panel Resolution after SP1

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am usually pretty good at solving computer problems by exhaustively searching the Net, but this one has me puzzled. Basically, in the 2D cockpit view, the graphics were pretty good before installing SP1, but after installing the update the resolution of the panel looked like CGA graphics from 20 years ago. This occurs for all aircraft, and is only the panel, not the scenery.Any ideas. Here or 2 screenshots, one post SP1 and one pre SP1.Thanks, Fred

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check your settings.....options->display settings....Look for something like mip maps...I forgot the exact name.... I'm not at a PC that has FSX installed right now so I'm not sure. You could always delete your FSX.cfg file and let FSX rebuild the file upon your next startup.... BACKUP any changes you made though!

>Hello, I am new to this forum. I am usually pretty good at>solving computer problems by exhaustively searching the Net,>but this one has me puzzled. Basically, in the 2D cockpit>view, the graphics were pretty good before installing SP1, but>after installing the update the resolution of the panel looked>like CGA graphics from 20 years ago. This occurs for all>aircraft, and is only the panel, not the scenery.>>Any ideas. Here or 2 screenshots, one post SP1 and one pre>SP1.>>Thanks, FredYour graphics settings in FSX need to me adjusted.

I had not thought of deleting the fsx.cfg file. That did the trick, thanks for the help and fast response !!/Fred