Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Server Disconnecting

The past few days even before the AAU update I have been having regular instances of the server disconnection error message. It has only worsen the past week or so. Does anyone have the same issue and do you know of any fix?

I wish Asobo would remove that incredibly invasive message that appears right in the center of the screen!

When the game switches me to offline mode my sim crashes to desktop (CTD). I have had several flights ruined thanks to this error. I have tried signing out of Microsoft store as well as from within the sim itself.

1 hour ago, shamrockflyer said:

The past few days even before the AAU update I have been having regular instances of the server disconnection error message. It has only worsen the past week or so. Does anyone have the same issue and do you know of any fix?

I wish Asobo would remove that incredibly invasive message that appears right in the center of the screen!

When the game switches me to offline mode my sim crashes to desktop (CTD). I have had several flights ruined thanks to this error. I have tried signing out of Microsoft store as well as from within the sim itself.

Yeah, you're not alone. Second thread about this that I have whinged in about it tonight. I even whinged about the moronic and intrusive connection warning boxes that appear right over the touch-down zone of the runway as you're about to land ruining the entire thing. Totally unnecessary,

Honestly, as you said, it's been going on for a little while but today it really peeved me off. I don't care for the way it has just suddenly started to tell you it has switched you to offline mode rather than keep trying to connect like it used to. Forcing you to hit escape and then turn it back on manually. Destroying any immersion - if the idiotic warning boxes haven't already - and causing a pause penalty in A Pilot's Life Chapter 2.

£110 this sim costs. I expect the servers to be up to the job.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 hour ago, shamrockflyer said:

Does anyone have the same issue and do you know of any fix?

Yes we all do, and no user fix.. 😉

Actually, it is up to Microsoft to fix/upgrade their server infrastructure to keep up with user growth.

My prediction is that we are going to see a subscription model appear... hopefully with a more robust service.

• Like 1

Bert

Exactly the same here. Even more frustrating for helicopters which are much less stable than planes and impossible to recover from low altitudes. 😡🤬😡🤬

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, Reverb G2, Simrig Motion platform