Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

AFG King Air B300 - screen freeze - please help

Hi Folks, First, many thanks to the folks at AFG for their fantastic B300 and to Thomas (Flyingscool) for his FSX mods which I

Hi Howard,I'm having the same issue in FSX, exactly as you have. I've been trying to resolve it, and at this time think that maybe replacing the sound with something like the default KA350 sound might do the trick. I have no idea why a sound folder could reduce a sim to freeze, but so far that's what it seems to be for me. I last tried this late last night and have yet to experiment further.The AFG KA300 is one of the best GA aircraft that I have flown in FS, it really has a nice heavy feel, so I'm hoping that this can be fixed. Bruce.

Hi Thomas,Thanks- your patches to get this to work in FSX are great, and now I see yet another version which I will also get :)My sound card is just the imbedded chip (Realtek AC97). I have used sound cards before (SB Audigy 2ZS purchased in 2003 was the last one),but the last one stopped working for some unknown reason and I have yet to buy a new one.Here's what I found, when I had screen freezes with this aircraft in FSX (and somewhat randomly too, although always at my home airport kbjc, that removes any different scenery from the equation).So impressed was I with the flight dynamics that I copied the aircraft.cfg (after renaming the aircraft section to avoid duplicate airplane labels) and the .air file to the default KA 350, plus that awesome sound, thinking that the issue had to be something in graphics, But the now-modified default KA 350 also froze, until I restored the default sound. So, I tried the AFG model with the default KA 350 sound, and so far so good. As I indicated, I can't imagine what the sound folder could be doing to cause such a freeze. It will be good to hear from the other poster, and I must get a sound card :) - any recommendations?Thanks- Bruce.

I'm not big into spending lots of money on sound cards. For my desktop systems I've been getting the Soundblaster Audigy 4 SE's, but I don't know if there are many of those left. Otherwise, I'm not the best source for information on sound cards. I'd suggest heading on over to www.Newegg.com and selecting a few cards in your price range and reading the reviews there.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Thanks- and keep up the great work on bringing this wonderful bird into FSX.Bruce.

Hi Bruce and Thomas,The sound card did it for me! Many thanks....I took Bruce's suggestion and tried using the default Beech's sound and it works perfectly.Thomas - my sound card is the onboard one which came which the computer, not an actual add on card.Thanks for you help folks.