Sign in to follow this  
Petraeus

34.3.0 Virus alert

Windows security is suddenly reporting a virus threat from this latest version; I've never had this before with previous versions. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml

Petraeus

31 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

Windows security is suddenly reporting a virus threat from this latest version; I've never had this before with previous versions. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

That must be a false alert.

You can always check the MD5 file checksum for the zip, as published on my site.

Edited by kiek

3 hours ago, KMSAS said:

I have the same! 

Same answer for you! 😉

Edited by kiek

No doubt my technical ignorance, but Windows 10 is not even downloading the .zip - there's no physical 'thing' that I can actually get hold of and examine.

Petraeus

4 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

No doubt my technical ignorance, but Windows 10 is not even downloading the .zip - there's no physical 'thing' that I can actually get hold of and examine.

The kind of windows operating system, 10 or 11, is not relevant for downloading a file ....

1 minute ago, kiek said:

The kind of windows operating system, 10 or 11, is not relevant for downloading a file ....

Quite possibly not, I just gave the version number for the sake of completeness. All I know for sure is that the OS refuses to make the .zip accessible to me.

Petraeus

35 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

Quite possibly not, I just gave the version number for the sake of completeness. All I know for sure is that the OS refuses to make the .zip accessible to me.

?

Try a smartphone, just to check my site is okay.

43 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

Yes, it downloaded to my 'phone OK.

Ok  thx, so there is nothing wrong with my site.

Btw, normally you can overrule the OS if it (in this case wrongly) says you should not open the file...

Edited by kiek

Wacatac is a severe threat to our computers, often requiring complete reformatting of the affected drive.  I love your software, and hate to imagine not having it, but windows defender is making the correct call, by not allowing us to download this last update until you scrub your files…..

please take this threat seriously…it is very unlikely this is a “false positive”

Windows Defender isn't very well known for being very good though.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, Searnhardt said:

Wacatac is a severe threat to our computers, often requiring complete reformatting of the affected drive.  I love your software, and hate to imagine not having it, but windows defender is making the correct call, by not allowing us to download this last update until you scrub your files…..

please take this threat seriously…it is very unlikely this is a “false positive”

You can simply do a MD5  file check here on the setup_PSXT_MSFS_v34.3.0.zip and compare it with the one at my site to see if something has changed, but trust me, it has not..

Note that the Windows Defender is not perfect. Sometimes it is too strict. We have seen that in the past many times.

11 hours ago, kiek said:

Btw, normally you can overrule the OS if it (in this case wrongly) says you should not open the file..

That's what I would normally do with a trusted (by me) site/provider. However, the OS is not giving me the option this time - I can't get anywhere near the file.

Petraeus

I am happy to report that after installing the recent windows 11 update, I tried to download PSXT again this morning. Everything went smoothly, no Wacatac warnings.

Thanks PSXT..sending pay pal today))

stan

Edited by Searnhardt