Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

JPLogistics Cessna 152 MOD V2.0

Hi, I need a bit of help with this aircraft's systems.

The Engine Status on the tablet is in red - which clearly means that I have done something wrong to create this engine state. There is no obvious option to reset the engine health status (the button to the right on the tablet is greyed out).

Hence, I am unable to start the aircraft, either by using the start button, control E or ready for flight on the tablet.-presumably and rightly so, as the engine status is in red

Oil pressure is showing is as zero, although there is oil in the aircraft.

Reloading the aircraft either from main menu or restarting the sim - does not change the engine status.

What is the process to reset the engine to a healthy status?

• Like 1

George Westwell

3 minutes ago, SquadronLeader said:

Hi, I need a bit of help with this aircraft's systems.

The Engine Status on the tablet is in red - which clearly means that I have done something wrong to create this engine state. There is no obvious option to reset the engine health status (the button to the right on the tablet is greyed out).

Hence, I am unable to start the aircraft, either by using the start button, control E or ready for flight on the tablet.-presumably and rightly so, as the engine status is in red

Oil pressure is showing is as zero, although there is oil in the aircraft.

Reloading the aircraft either from main menu or restarting the sim - does not change the engine status.

What is the process to reset the engine to a healthy status?

I'm guessing but I would imagine that switching off state saving/realism ought to do it?

Thanks jarmstro - funnily enough - as soon as I had made my post, I thought the same - but having tried it - switching off the realism (saving state was already off) - the engine health still remains in the red - and the engine will not start

George Westwell

2 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

Apologies for bumping this - just hoping to get an answer over the weekend

You could try to delete the files where the savestates are stored. Probably in C:\Users"YourUsername"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\JPL....

You can delete that whole JPL folder or move it somewhere else and it should be created again if you enable state saving. 
That should give you a fresh start, with everything on default.

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I came across the same issue and took a look at the code. It turns out that you can only repair the engine when you are parked, which is defined as no ground velocity, no active engine and very little oil pressure.

So in practice, make sure that the aircraft is fully shutdown. If it is, the option to restore your engine health is enabled.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 9:36 PM, LauXjpn said:

It turns out that you can only repair the engine when you are parked

MMmmmm....considering us flight simmers love realism doesn't this make sense.

What mechanic has ever repaired a running engine...tuned maybe but repaired?