Sign in to follow this  
bigsky10

Panel lights

Hello all. I am trying to see if anyone is having trouble with panel lights in P3D v5.3. When I hit the switch nothing happens. I can turn the dials for for the panel and lighting increases but almost impossible to see switches at night. I used the number for lights with C130 lights from the effects folder to make the exterior lights bright (taxi, landing, beacon and nav lights). Just can't figure out how to get panel spot lights to work. I contacted Carenado but There was no help.. I had the GTN750 MOD installed and there said that might have something to do with it.  I reinstalled a clean copy but with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank

Dick

Just fired up my EX and the lights work without issue. spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi @bigsky10,

I know they do work fine in P3D v4.5 even with the GTN 750 mod I've installed.

And I fired up P3D v5.3 with the same aircraft and same GTN 750 mod and yes the lights worked and displayed the same as per v4.5.

Perhaps if you enable P3D's content logging it will capture some clues as to what is going on.

Cheers

Night - no cabin light.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Night - with cabin light.

And daytime.

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Sorry, I seemed to have skipped over the part that said P3D.. I'm using FSX.. 

Hopefully a P3Dv5 user will come along..

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

I'll turn on Content error logging and see if I can find out anything there. I can reinstall to see if that does anything also

Got panel lights working. Had to reinstall A/C again.  works good now.

Thanks

Dick

• Like 1

Hey @bigsky10,

Here's a little bit of aircraft.cfg detail to help keep the turbine engine from running away on start.

Applies to P3D 4.5+

Cheers

Spoiler

[TurbineEngineData]
//fuel_flow_gain          = 0.025

// Added additional fuel_flow_gain values to better control engine runaways at start.
// https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/turboprop-engine-tuning.443327/
// A previously undocumented capability is to configure your fuel_flow_gain in the aircraft.cfg to be a function of engine speed (N2 for straight turbines, N1 for turboprops)
// Fuel flow gain constant table. This can be used in lieu of the single constant (above) in order to make the fuel flow gain a function of N1.
// The table will load sequentially (.0, .1, .2, ...) up to a maximum of 5 entries.
// Each entries first value is the N1 input, the second is the scalar at that N1. The constant will be linearly interpolated in between data points.

// TBM 13/02/2023 Added the below table to prevent the engine over running on start.
fuel_flow_gain.0 = 25.0, 0.005
fuel_flow_gain.1 = 45.0, 0.010
fuel_flow_gain.2 = 65.0, 0.025

inlet_area              = 0.5
rated_N2_rpm            = 37500  // 33000
static_thrust           = 85

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D